+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2165946;
    Well for the first time in my life, I will be rooting for OSU. Nothing directed at you personally myrosiedog, but I watched Florida play Arkansas. They certainly did not seem "National Championship" material to me. Perhaps I am feeling the sting from my sour grapes, but I honestly believe if Michigan played OSU on neutral ground, MICHIGAN WOULD WIN.
    So - Go Buckeyes - and represent the Big 10 proudly!
    Ana.... from a non-Michigan (and non-OSU) fan, I completely agree with you. I think it's insane that Michigan, whose only loss was by 3 unconvincing points to the number one team on their home field, is not still considered the number 2 team. These last two weeks have hurt them in that USC and Florida were still playing and were freshest on voters' minds. That, and the bias that was immediately evident that no one wanted to see an OSU-Michigan rematch as they didn't feel that it would be the "draw" that someone else would be.

Go Buckeyes!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic
    Gators got that rama jama - ooo - ahh!

I am so happy right now. This year both my basketball teams (Gators and Heat) won their first championship, and now we get to play for the title in football. The decision now is whether to get a ticket to the desert.

GO GATORS!!!
    (off to sing 'we are the boys of old florida' to my cats...)

Premium Member
    I'll be joining in with you OSU fans.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart;2166089;
    Gators got that rama jama - ooo - ahh!

I am so happy right now. This year both my basketball teams (Gators and Heat) won their first championship, and now we get to play for the title in football. The decision now is whether to get a ticket to the desert.

GO GATORS!!!
    (off to sing 'we are the boys of old florida' to my cats...)

I'm singing it with you!!! And wouldn't it be great to see the Gators hold both the Basketball and Football National Title in the same year???? I am really proud of my school now (not that I wasn't before, but watch out, THIS is the year of the Gator and next year and the next.......!!!!!)

The whole damn BCS system is FLAWED and needs to be changed. Coaches, players, Athletic directors, college presidents, just about everyone BUT the BCS all say this. College football is the only sport where there is NOT a playoff to the National title.
    BUT
    Until they fix it, then this is what we get and I for one am happy with what I got.

I agree that Florida hasn't played what most consider good ball this year. But we have one of the toughest schedules in the entire country and that does count for something apparantly as despite not playing "well", we still manged to be 12-1. And the Arkansas game, the defense was the best they've played all year. For a team that had a crappy coach for 3 years and now is going to the Nat'l game with a 2nd year coach that has turned the team AROUND in 2 seasons, I think they've done pretty good.

But, say what you will, I'm used to it. I've heard Florida get crapped on from everyone including the sports announcers to family. We're the Rodney Dangerfield of college football: we don't get no respect.

But while the rest of you may be rooting for OSU, I'm definely celebrating tonight about Florida and after my REALLY crappy week and my husband losing his job right before Christmas, I need a reason to celebrate and I got one last night and tonight!

My dad was a huge Gator fan, I could tell you all hilarious stories about how serious a fan he was. I have a small amount of his ashes in a container that I keep in a Florida Gator mug on a shelf in my family room. After hearing the announcement, I grabbed the mug off the shelf and yelled into it: "Hey dad, they're going to the National Championships again!!! You can sit on the tv that night!" Yeah, I know I'm crazy, but my dad made me the fan I am now. I could recite all the major Southern teams before I was 5. I knew all about Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, FSU, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee and what their team names were and who their mascots were. So fling away at me and my team, because it doesn't matter. I'm happy no matter what! I'd prefer them to win against OSU, but even if they lose, its a huge thing for us after the Spurrier era and the disasterous Zook years.

GO GATORS!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    From the Buckeyes Coach:

"They have a great football team," Tressel said. "When you can win the SEC championship, you're a great football team."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061204/...ne/fbc_t25_bcs

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2166234;

But while the rest of you may be rooting for OSU, I'm definely celebrating tonight about Florida and after my REALLY crappy week and my husband losing his job right before Christmas, I need a reason to celebrate and I got one last night and tonight!
    I'm celebrating about Florida too. When I saw the crawl at the bottom of my TV screen announce that OSU would be playing Florida, your avatar was the first thing I thought of, and I did a little happy dance. But while I'm celebrating for you and with you, I'll without a doubt be pulling for Ohio State come January 8!

All I can say is:

YAY!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2166259;
    From the Buckeyes Coach:"They have a great football team," Tressel said. "When you can win the SEC championship, you're a great football team."
    Of course he would say that. Tressel isn't about to give the Gators anything for the bulletin board. What I can't believe is that someone voted for Florida over Ohio State as the #1 team in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2165946;
    Well for the first time in my life, I will be rooting for OSU. . . . So - Go Buckeyes - and represent the Big 10 proudly!
    Really? I root for Michigan all the time, except when they play Ohio State and Wisconsin. I hope they hope they grab USC by the facemask and kick them in the . . . shins.

My rooting hierarchy is:
    1. Ohio State
    2. Wisconsin (a good friend attended)
    3. Michigan
    4. Big Ten
    5. Whomever is playing Notre Dame
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    WEll obviously I am in the minority here, but that's ok I'm used to it in several areas of my life.

I can believe someone voted for Florida over OSU. We had an amazing seaso and an amazing comeback after 3 disasterous years under Ron Zook. Meyer has turned that team around in 2 seasons.

And even Zook who we FIRED, voted for Florida over Michigan.

Anyway, you guys have your fun. I'll just be on the sidelines rooting away for Florida as I have ALWAYS done no matter who they play.

Newf,
    I have a list too, but its shorter.
    1. Florida, ALWAYS
    2. Clemson
    3. ANYONE playing against Florida State and Miami
    4 Auburn when they aren't playing Florida or aren't leading the SEC West.

+ Reply to Thread