+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship

Personally, I'm not holding my breath. As much as I'd like to see a rematch, I think Florida is going to jump from 4th to 2nd. This not playing for several weeks while other teams continue to win really hurts Michigan.

Florida didn't exactly knock my socks off with the way they beat Arkansas so I think it may be an Ohio State/Michigan rematch. I'd actually love to see that. They are clearly the two best teams this year.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD
    Well, I really think that Florida is going to be given the spot against Ohio State.

Our defense ROCKED last night. If we had played like that defense did all seasin, there wouldn't be a question of who is going to the BCS.

Florida unarguably has one of the toughest schedules in college ball and we won all but one game AND we won our conference. I think you should win your conference title in order to go to the BIG game. The whole BCS championship and bowl game is flawed and needs to be fixed. There should be a playoff system in place to determine National Champtionships.

But last night they stepped up to the plate and brought it like they have not done all year.

I think it will be a North vs South BCS game this year.

But I think if you compare Florida to Michigan all year, Florida comes out on top. Don't believe me, check out the readers poll on espn.com. They're picking Florida over Michigan over there and most agree that the SEC is a better conference and that Florida had a way tougher schedule and should get the spot. I hope they do.

But I just about fell OUT of my chair when I heard USC got beat. Man, that was the unexpected game win of the day.

GO GATORS!!! SEC CHAMPS 2006 and on to the National Championship!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CAUTION: The following post contains trash-talk.

Our defense ROCKED last night. If we had played like that defense did all seasin, there wouldn't be a question of who is going to the BCS.
    And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't whomp his arse every time he jumped

Skip the BSC this year. Ohio State is the only undefeated major team, so give them the trophy!

I would rather see Florida than U of M play for the title against Ohio State, mostly because one does not play THE game twice a year, but also as MRD (misguided as she is on her choice of favorites ) points out, having at least a share of the conference championship should be a prerequisite.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I have to say that I DO NOT want to see Michigan and OSU play again. I see it becoming a blood bath as Michigan will be out for blood since their only loss this year was to their rivals.
    I think it would be a much more interesting and FUN game to see OSU and Florida play for the BCS championship.

GO BUCKS!

According to the Los Angeles Times it's going to be Florida:
    Florida vaults to No. 2 in BCS, will play Ohio State for national title
    USC likely to face Michigan in the Rose Bowl.
    By Chris Dufresne, Times Staff Writer
    12:54 PM PST, December 3, 2006
    There isn't going to be a rematch.
    No. 1 Ohio State will play No. 2 Florida, not Michigan, for the Bowl Championship Series national title on Jan. 8 in Glendale, Ariz.

According to a BCS source, Florida moved from fourth to second today ahead of No. 3 Michigan in the final BCS standings.
    An official announcement will come this evening in a televised unveiling on Fox.
    The news means that USC will play Michigan, not Louisiana State, in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1.
    LSU had pre-sold more than 42,000 tickets in advance of making its first-ever Rose Bowl appearance, but UCLA's upset win over previously No. 2 USC on Saturday, coupled with Florida's win over Arkansas in the Southeastern Conference championship game, changed the final pairings.
    The BCS bowl lineup is now expected to be:
    Rose: USC vs. Michigan.
    Sugar: Notre Dame vs. LSU.
    Orange: Louisville vs. Wake Forest.
    Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Boise State.
    Florida's jump over No. 3 Michigan, which was idle Saturday and has not played since a three-point loss to No. 1 Ohio State on Nov. 18, likely will cause more uproar in BCS circles.

This will mark the fifth time in the nine-year history of the BCS that there has been controversy involving the title-game participants.
    In the end, enough voters in the Harris Interactive and USA Today coaches' polls moved Florida to No. 2, ahead of Michigan, on their final ballots.
    Ohio State Coach Jim Tressel released a statement today saying he did not vote in the final coaches' poll to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest.
    "After consultation with my director of athletics, Gene Smith, and based on our unique position in the BCS standings, I believe it is only fair that we not participate (in) the final poll," Tressel said in a statement.

Michigan and Florida each finished the regular season with one loss, on the road. Michigan was 11-1 with its defeat at Ohio State, while 12-1 Florida lost at Auburn.
    Florida picked up 66 points on Michigan in the coaches' poll and finished with a 26-point advantage.
    Isn't that interesting that Tressel didn't vote.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-03-2006 at 09:04 PM.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2165298;

I would rather see Florida than U of M play for the title against Ohio State, mostly because one does not play THE game twice a year, but also as MRD (misguided as she is on her choice of favorites ) points out, having at least a share of the conference championship should be a prerequisite.
    Well at least we agree on one thing-conference wins should count towards going to the national game.

I think it will be Florida, but am counting down the min (35 more) until the official 8 pm announcement.

At least we have a month to get our injured players well again.

I'm telling you tho, that it would be a BIG feather in Urban Meyers cap to take a team to the Nationals in his 2nd year as head coach at Florida. He's already done wonders getting us the SEC CHOMP-ionship.

Newf, I forgive you for your misguided loyalties as well.
    Sorry, but I'm a Gator born and bred and when I die, I'll be a Gator dead!
    I'm a 3rd generation Florida alum in my family, so I really am a Gator bred (even if my poor misguided mother went to the "other" Florida school. That one with the annoying war chant), my dad and his dad went to Florida like me!

MRD
    IT'S OFFICIAL.

FLORIDA IS GOING TO THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!

THIS is my Christmas present! Thank you all you lovely wonderful Gator boys for giving me a great season and a hopefully another national championship!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2165840;
    IT'S OFFICIAL.

FLORIDA IS GOING TO THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!

THIS is my Christmas present! Thank you all you lovely wonderful Gator boys for giving me a great season and a hopefully another national championship!
    Well for the first time in my life, I will be rooting for OSU. Nothing directed at you personally myrosiedog, but I watched Florida play Arkansas. They certainly did not seem "National Championship" material to me. Perhaps I am feeling the sting from my sour grapes, but I honestly believe if Michigan played OSU on neutral ground, MICHIGAN WOULD WIN.
    So - Go Buckeyes - and represent the Big 10 proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2165946;
    Well for the first time in my life, I will be rooting for OSU.
    Good for you for seeing the light Ana.

GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS!

+ Reply to Thread