+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship

FORT Fogey
    Well Ohio State is screwed now. Bo Shembechler (sp?) died today ... just in case Michigan didn't need anymore drive to win tomorrow.

Premium Member
    That's exactly what I thought today when I heard the news, Veruka. They should be pretty fired up tomorrow. I hope it's (I don't want to say the "Q" word) at work tomorrow so I can catch at least part of the game.

I was a little worried when I first heard it but IMO both teams will be putting out maximum effort anyway. I don't think those young men could play any harder or with anymore emotion than they already are going to be.

It's a grand day to be a

BUCKEYE!!

Now, who will join them in January?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

O.S.U 42 Michigan 39
    Helluva game. I wouldn't be suprised to see a rematch in the Fiesta Bowl.
    ETA I won $125 on the final score in a pool I was in. Here I thought I would win with my other numbers of 3 - Michigan & 0 - OSU instead of 2 - OSU and 9 - Michigan.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-18-2006 at 07:54 PM.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    The lastest BCS ranking is out and would you believe it's still OSU #1 and Michigan #2! I'm not so sure I want to see a rematch of those teams. We already beat them. The last time there was a rematch it was Florida and Florida State with a blow-out in the championship game and a split national championship. I guess you'll never make everyone happy no matter who plays.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2147130;
    O.S.U 42 Michigan 39
    Helluva game. I wouldn't be suprised to see a rematch in the Fiesta Bowl.
    ETA I won $125 on the final score in a pool I was in. Here I thought I would win with my other numbers of 3 - Michigan & 0 - OSU instead of 2 - OSU and 9 - Michigan.
    Psst ... they better not get stuck in the Fiesta Bowl this year! I expect the Buckeyes in the BCS championship game. This is the first year it'll be a separate Bowl game. Still in Tempe, so it may as well be the Fiesta Bowl, but it'll be a week later than the Fiesta.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2148840;
    Psst ... they better not get stuck in the Fiesta Bowl this year! I expect the Buckeyes in the BCS championship game. This is the first year it'll be a separate Bowl game. Still in Tempe, so it may as well be the Fiesta Bowl, but it'll be a week later than the Fiesta.
    You are right -- it deciding game is not the Fiesta Bowl this year. It is the BCS National Championship Game. There are now five BCS bowl games, Rose (Jan 1), Fiesta (Jan 1), Orange (Jan 2), Sugar (Jan 3), and National Championship Game (Jan 8).

Go Bucks -- Beat Whoever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2148840;
    The Fiesta Bowl is now played in Glendale in the new Arizona Cardinals stadium. They no longer play it in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe which is the home of Arizona State University. The new stadium is called the University of Phoenix stadium because they bought the naming rights. The BCS championship game is rotated between the major bowl games every year.
    http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/definition
    # The bowl games participating are the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl and the BCS National Championship Game which will be played each year at one of the bowl sites.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-20-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Who's going to be in the BCS Championship Game (brought to you by
    Tosito's ) against Ohio State? UCLA just ruined USC's chances. The odds of a Michigan OSU rematch just got better.

+ Reply to Thread