+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: BCS Championship

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I would like to thank everyone on here for actually making me watch a football game last night...reading Unk's and myrosiedog and Newf's posts have entertained me and made me want to watch. I've enjoyed how everyone here has cut up with each other and did some good 'ole taunting and teasing about their favorite teams but still act like adults and graciously accept defeat and humbly accept victory!!!

Hats off to you guys and CONGRATULATIONS to myrosiedog's team!!! Glad your dad had a "front row seat" to this championship!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Florida played a much better game last night, and they absolutely deserve to be chanting "we're number one" today.

FORT Fanatic
    Gators!!!!!!

Gators!!!!!!

Gators!!!!!!!

Gators!!!!!

I Love My Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2199726;
    Hats off to Florida. They kicked our butts every possible way.

I'm still wearing scarlet and gray today. Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye, but some days it's easier than others
    Newf, I've spend many a year saying the same thing of the orange and blue. It's not always easy to be a Gator. Last night made it a lot easier. BTW, I have on my orange and blue today and have gotten some interesting comments while out this morning.

Hats off to Ohio though. A formidable opponent, a good season, a Heisman trophy winner. You guys had a good run.

I can't help but be overjoyed by Florida's win, but I also respect the fact that Ohio did have a good season this year up until last night.

(and I've had fun ribbing you guys. But I refuse to totally rub it in. That wouldn't be sporting like. )

And thanks to one and all on behalf of my team for the congratulations.

Dagny, I LOVE my Gators too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

. . . graciously accept defeat
    Only in public.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fanatic
    Troy Smith and the other guys being interviewed this morning all showed a lot of class. It sucks to lose when you're picked as the winner. Gator fans have had their hearts broken many times, and we feel for you guys even as we celebrate.

But I have to say, It's great to be a Florida Gator.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart;2199920;
    Troy Smith and the other guys being interviewed this morning all showed a lot of class. It sucks to lose when you're picked as the winner. Gator fans have had their hearts broken many times, and we feel for you guys even as we celebrate.

But I have to say, It's great to be a Florida Gator.

I give most of the credit for that to Jim Tressel. He is 100% a class act in every sense of the word, and demands the same from his players. As driven as he is to win (and if you look at his record, I think there's little doubt where his drive is) you could easily convince me that he'd turn down a championship if it came in exachange for showboating, immature, bad-sport players.

As a monster Big Ten fan (Go Nittany Lions!), it was heart breaking.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213