+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2199549;
    Well, it certainly looks like the fat lady is singing.

A sad day for Buckeye fans. Thats for sure...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2199508;
    I heard a statistic a couple of weeks ago the really concerned me. OSU has only played 1 team (Michigan) with a winning record since September. Being originally from Tennessee I have to constantly battle with the Big Ten fans over who has the toughest conference in the country. Most of the time it is the SEC, without a doubt.
    Unk, I've been trying to tell you this for a while now. The SEC IS the toughest conference and the Gators won the conference. Not too many teams, let me rephrase, I can only think of one team right now that could have played Florida's schedule this year and come out like they did and it WAS Florida.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2199559;
    Unk, I've been trying to tell you this for a while now.
    I've known it all season. I've always defended the SEC as a conference, most of the time. Occasionally another conference will come up tough, but most of the time it's the SEC. I'm just truly disappointed that the Buckeyes played such a lousy game tonight.

Congrads to the Florida Gators for playing a great game!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2199562;
    I've known it all season. I've always defended the SEC as a conference, most of the time. Occasionally another conference will come up tough, but most of the time it's the SEC. I'm just truly disappointed that the Buckeyes played such a lousy game tonight.
    Aw, Unk, they didn't play a lousy game. Florida never gave them a chance to play except that TD on the opening kickoff.

I am happy girl tonight. As a Gator Fan, we haven't had but 2 championships (the 2nd one tonight) and we do get a lot of crap, but this year, they deserved the wins, the conference title and the national title. They played well tonight and I'm proud of my boys.

On a slightly weird note: I put my dad's ashes on top of the TV tonight. He got to see the 1996 Championship, but died in 1999, so just before the game, I set him on the tv and said: "here, you get the front row seat".

When the game was over and I was jumping around the den. I grabbed his ashes and got an electric shock in my fingertips. I had my 1996 Championship commemoritive football in the other hand. So I'm going to tell myself that Dad knew and approved!

It is a great day to be a Gator!

Ohio had a great season and your QB deserved the Heisman. You should all be proud of the season you had.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2199573;
    I am happy girl tonight. As a Gator Fan, we haven't had but 2 championships (the 2nd one tonight) and we do get a lot of crap, but this year, they deserved the wins, the conference title and the national title. They played well tonight and I'm proud of my boys.
    You should be proud. They beat the crap out of the Buckeyes. There's no denying who won that game.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2199670;
    You should be proud. They beat the crap out of the Buckeyes. There's no denying who won that game.
    THanks Unk. I have to say that I have always respected you and your posts on the FORT, but you are a great sportsman and a gracious loser (cringe at that word) and for that, my respect for you has increased. Not a lot of people would have come in here and been as magnanimous as you have been following this game or said what you said.

Thank you. Look forward to next year.

I'm so happy, but also sad. A great season has ended, some great players are moving on and Florida loses its 2 QB approach. I'm hoping that next season is even better, but I'm going to miss some of these guys.

Now, its on to Hockey. A sport I watch, but not one that I am invested in emotionally. And I hate basketball.

Congratulations to myrosiedog and all the other Florida fans! They sure were the better team last night!!!

Hats off to Florida. They kicked our butts every possible way.

I'm still wearing scarlet and gray today. Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye, but some days it's easier than others
    Last edited by Newfherder; 01-09-2007 at 09:57 AM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I jinxed you, Newf. I knew I'd throw off the equilibrium when I threw my support in the ring.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread