+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Basketball 2006

FORT Fogey

Re: Basketball 2006

I know a 11 year old who FIRMLY believes that the Cavs MUST be down by one or two at the half in order to win. Because of him, when the Spurs hit the last shot of the quarter, I actually yelled "yes!" We'll see ...

What I want to know is, why on earth did Cleveland not do a "leave your office lights on" thing like they used to do for Monday Night Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2438557;
    I know a 11 year old who FIRMLY believes that the Cavs MUST be down by one or two at the half in order to win. Because of him, when the Spurs hit the last shot of the quarter, I actually yelled "yes!" We'll see ...

What I want to know is, why on earth did Cleveland not do a "leave your office lights on" thing like they used to do for Monday Night Football?
    I thought I heard that they wanted people to do that. Anywho, it saves electricity in any sense, lol!

Oh boy. I think all of my nails are gone. I was biting them for the last 20 minutes!

LeBron had a legitimate complaint. He was fouled there at the last second! In any sense, I am not giving up but part of me will have to face reality (even if I will not speak the words, lol!).

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with the guys on Sportscenter on the final second foul. LeBron was absolutely right to play it like he did -- argue it with the ref immediately, but then not whine about it during the press conference. But there's no question at all that he was fouled -- The Spurs even said "yes we fould him, that was our plan". Mike Brown should have argued it in his press conference. I just don't get his approach of tearing down players in a press conference (Gooden) but not going to bat to defend his players in a press conference.

I think that Brown's substitutions were somewhat better in this game than they have been for the other two (although I don't understand this time why Z was sitting so much when he was putting up his best numbers thus far) but I think a lot of the heat for the Cavs fizzling in the finals needs to be put on his youth. It's almost like he's approaching the players more as a team captain than he is a coach. I'm glad that Cleveland has him, and in due time, I think he'll prove to be a great coach (although if the Cleveland tradition stays alive, he'll probably become a great coach in the first job he takes after leaving Cleveland). But his lack of experience as a head coach is showing right now in the way he's dealing with the team. He's not pushing when he should be, and pushing about stupid stuff when he shouldn't be. I've also detected some hints of disrepect for him in comments made by a couple of the players - that's a problem the organization needs to fix.
    Last edited by Veruka; 06-13-2007 at 09:11 AM.

FORT Fogey

Unk, don't post it tonight. Maybe that'll be the trick that turns it all around.

Post what?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2436180;
    GO CAVS!!!
    This? (Sorry, I am a Spurs fan, after all, ).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2440821;
    This? (Sorry, I am a Spurs fan, after all, ).
    Don't make me use my F/A powers to edit your post.

FORT Fogey

I'm a Spurs fan too. Remember? Every team I love loses ... The Bears, The O's, The Buckeyes ... Oh I hope that doesn't happen to my beloved Spurs too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2440914;
    I'm a Spurs fan too. Remember? Every team I love loses ... The Bears, The O's, The Buckeyes ... Oh I hope that doesn't happen to my beloved Spurs too!!!!!
    Yah, forget that - I'm not just another pretty face, you know .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread