+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Basketball 2006

Re: Basketball 2006

Casual day. I embrace it.

(But heck, MissThang, if'n you want to buy me a new wardrobe, I'd love it! )

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

The Federal Highway Administration needs to get a REAL issue. Is that the biggest thing they have to worry about?

Like quality of roads, perhaps????

The whole thing is silly! The billboard can barely be seen from I-77 if at all.

On a much better note, tonight is game 1!! Go CAVS!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2432740;
    The whole thing is silly! The billboard can barely be seen from I-77 if at all.

On a much better note, tonight is game 1!! Go CAVS!!!!!!!
    77 isn't the issue -- Curiosity got the best of me, and I just looked it up. Superior Ave is also known as US Highway 6 -- that's out problem.

GO CAVS!!!!! I want a big game from Gooden tonight. He entertains me in interviews, and the only way the press is going to given him any attention is if he has a big game.
    Last edited by Veruka; 06-07-2007 at 09:26 AM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2432248;
    Yep, that's the one. I can't think of anything that has ever been put on display in the city of Cleveland that has induced the sense of pride that sign does. I'd have to check on it, but I'd be shocked if the streets that go by it are in fact federal highways. I realize the federal highway system is more expansive than just the interstates we usually think of ... but it's in the heart of down town.
    Sadly I DO go Downtown often.. as I live 12 min away and have to drive 90/2/77 daily.. .and ive never seen it.. so it can't be THAT big or that much of an 'eyesore'. I haven't even been a huge James fan.. but I will say this past season he HAS impressed me not only with his recent game play (Way to go guys making the finals!!) but with his recent post-game comments. He HAS matured in to a young man and gentleman.. hope his mother can take a lesson from her son

On that note.. screw the powers that be why all the hate for Cleveland! We have ALWAYS been proud of our spots teams in whatever they have done. Its time the rest of the country took note.. no fairweather fans here.

GO CAVS!
    and Go tribe on a side note
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

YOu've never seen the sign???? Detour sometime by exiting on Ontario so you can see it. It's worth it.

As I see it, LeBron has always shown that maturity. The way he politely ripped the reporter who insisted he had to be somewhat dissapointed to get Cleveland the night of the lottery showed that. I agree that Gloria could not have been the source of most of that character. But that guy has had some GREAT coaches / mentors around him throughout his life that have instilled in him some great and admirable qualities -- primarily loyalty and a proper mix of humility and confidence.

I just have to give a big

GO CAVS!!!

FORT Fogey

Why has Eric Snow been sitting on the bench all night while Tony Parker has been let loose? I realize that when we're down on the score, we need guys who can score on the floor. But if Tony wasn't running the floor like he is, we wouldn't need the guys scoring as much either.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Tony is all over us.. i have to switch off here and there its painful at times. Tim is right there with him. Cavs need to just play their game and .. I hate to say it.. have fun doing it. They are over thinking this, they just need to go out and play with their hearts. I knwo big block of Govt Issue Cheese, but its true Boobie is looking good tho hehe.

And I MAY have to swing by on my way to work tomorrow just to see it. Sadly I was at a Indians game not log ago against Balt, and was out there and didnt see it, gah I know I am old.. but I didnt think i was THAT blind LOL
    Last edited by FireWoman; 06-07-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread