+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Basketball 2006

FORT Fogey

Re: Basketball 2006

I think that may have been the single greatest basketball game I've ever watched! One of those that you kind of wish both teams could win because they both played it so incredibly well ... unless you live in Cleveland. With Gooden, Z, and Gibson on the bench due to fouls, I didn't think the Cavs had a snowballs chance. It's amazing that you can appreciate the greatness that is LeBron and still underestimate him by so much.

LeBron is the man.

I have to admit, I did not like LeBron at all when he first became a Cavalier. I thought he was a prepubescent little jerk who thought he was da bomb. I have to say that he has really brought a great spirit back to not only the Cavaliers but the city of Cleveland in general.
    On that note,

LET'S GO CAVS! YAY!!!!!!

The Cleveland Cavaliers are in the NBA finals for the first time ever!!

Great job, Cavs! That was an.... interesting game.

Broadway, I'm depressed. Oh wait, I'm a Cwebb fan, I should be used to this feeling. Haha! After so many years, I've developed a good sense of humor about my "luck" as an NBA fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2428387;
    The Cleveland Cavaliers are in the NBA finals for the first time ever!!
    YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!

I was almost in tears last night with LeBron. It sounds cheesy but the fact that Cleveland is actually this close to a championship is just too much!

The game last night was one of the best basketball games I have seen in a loooooong long time! Freakin awesome!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2428534;
    Broadway, I'm depressed. Oh wait, I'm a Cwebb fan, I should be used to this feeling. Haha! After so many years, I've developed a good sense of humor about my "luck" as an NBA fan.
    Me too. Hey, I'm a Sacramento Kings fan and a CWebb fan. *sigh*

I didn't know there were sports threads on this site. AI ended and I'm finding all kinds of interesting stuff.

Blues!! It's amazing the things people talk about on here, isn't it????

You two will be VERY depressed to hear that CWebb is seriously talking about retiring. I'm hoping that JoeD talks him out of it. I think he was starting to gel with the guys, but unfortunately he was picking up a bit of Sheed's bad temper at the end. Heh.

Thursday's game was probably the best pro bball game that I have seen in years. Saturday was too discombobulated due to the scoreboard issue... it just threw everyone's timing off and it never quite seemed right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Songstress
    Me too. Hey, I'm a Sacramento Kings fan and a CWebb fan. *sigh*
    Tell me about it! I still remember 2002 like no other. I still cringe everytime they replay Horry's 3 pt shot. I remain fiercely loyal to everyone that was a part of that Kings squad, although I've always been more of a Cwebb fan than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2429890;
    You two will be VERY depressed to hear that CWebb is seriously talking about retiring. I'm hoping that JoeD talks him out of it. I think he was starting to gel with the guys, but unfortunately he was picking up a bit of Sheed's bad temper at the end. Heh.
    I've been hearing that bit of news minutes after they were eliminated.

On the one hand, I don't want him to retire. I still hold out a bit of hopes for a ring and I know he wants to win one desperately. Plus, if he retires I don't know what to do!!! I can't watch another game without thinking, "Cwebb's not there anymore." While I am a fan of a number of other players (Dirk Nowitzki ...why must I love chokers?), its not the same. Come on, look @ my freaking screen name! Knowing him, though he's got a lot of pride and he wouldn't want to pull a "Gary Payton." However, Cwebb is a smart player and I still feel he can contribute to any team. But regardless of his decision, I still support him! I'm just glad that at least he got to play for his hometown rather than be stuck in that awful situation in Philly.

If he does retire, I don't think he'll completely disappear. I have a feeling he'll be an occasional guest on TNT (BUT PLEASE NO ABC OR ESPN!!!).

+ Reply to Thread