+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FoRT HoCKEY 2006

I found the team lists is anyone is interested. Under draft results ---> roster grid.

I have to admit it is kind of funny to look at how many of each position each one of us drafted, like in my moment of brilliance I have 4 centres yet only 3 defencemen?!?!? WTH was I thinking?

It's bad when I've only heard of one of my defensemen.

Team Smith with six goalies is cracking me up. Maybe she will have the last laugh.

That's what I was thinking... God help us if any of our goalies get hurt, she could do well in the trades.

I just went in and am trying to get another defenceman, go into transactions--> free agents Shrink, you can drop players and try to acquire players that weren't picked.

Aren't all the players still on *waiver* status right now? As in no outright dropping and picking someone up?

I'm Team Smith, the stockpiler of goalies. I'm going to have to read the rules and try to figure out what to do with all of them.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FREE AGENTS

Any athlete not on a team and has cleared waivers (see below) is considered a free agent. Free agent requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Free agents may be added at any time during the week, but any time a free agent is added, that new player can first be used for the following Contest Week (Monday-Sunday). Any time you add a free agent to your roster, an athlete must be released to keep your roster at the 16-athlete limit.

You can drop players without replacing them, however, you can only add players without dropping anyone if you have less than the maximum 16 athletes on your roster. You will never be allowed to exceed the 16-athlete roster limit.

You must also specify the status of the new athlete (bench or starter) at the time the athlete is added. The number of free agents you add to your roster during the season is unlimited.

WAIVERS

To allow all members of a league a fair opportunity to add an athlete to their team, athletes that are dropped from a roster of another team in your league are placed on waivers for a 48-hour period starting once the athlete is dropped. Any team may claim a player on waivers, but will not be awarded the player until the 48-hour waiver period has ended. So, if an athlete is dropped on a Tuesday at 1 pm, all teams can claim that athlete until Thursday at 1 pm. The athlete will then be assigned to his new team approximately one hour after the claim deadline.

At the end of the waiver period, if more than one team has claimed an athlete on waivers, the athlete will be awarded to the team that is highest on the Waiver Priority List. The priority list is initially set based on the reverse order of the draft. However, each time you add a player from waivers to your roster, you are pushed to the bottom of the list. The waiver priority list never resets and stays in effect for the entire season. You will be able to view your current position on the priority list online. If no team claims an athlete during the waiver period, the athlete becomes a free agent. Adding an athlete classified as a free agent does not affect your position on the waiver priority list.

If you place a waiver claim on more than one athlete at a time, each claim will appear online along with its current position in your waiver order. All new claims get added to the end of the list, but you can change the priority by changing its priority in the box provided. When processing waiver claims we move through each team making a claim and process the first claim from each team in order of the waiver priority list. After all teams making a claim have had their first choice processed, we move on to the second claim for each team, if any.
    The way I am reading it Shrink, you can pick up a free agent at any time. But right now I have 2 that are avail on waivers so if you one of those 2 you can try to claim one of them before they become free agents.

I understand all that, but as it stands right now, all the players are on *waiver* status, not free agent (even though all the unclaimed players are technically free agents). I just haven't seen anything in the rules about there being a time frame or reason for them being on waiver status right after the draft, when all the unchosen should be free agents. Hope that makes sense.

SV, I'm not sure if I want to read the rules either. I think I'll just wing it.

I'm pretty happy with my team even though I don't know all of them.

I'm definitely winging it. I'll just hope it works out somehow.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Since the draft is done already, I'm guessing it's too late to join??
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast