+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

The call by McGeough was dreadful.
    He was so blatantly wrong, there was no way it was a glove pass and no way he could have seen it even if it was form the angle he was.
    He cost the Oilers a point at the very least, possibly two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef
    Montreal is off to a pretty good start so far this season but right now Buffalo looks like the team to watch out for.
    I've seen Montreal a couple of times this season and have found them pretty entertaining to watch
    Buffalo always seem to be worth a look. They played a great game agaisnt Montreal earlier in the season and came back from 4-1 down to beat Boston the other night.
    Anaheim are looking good too, which I'm not happy about.
    No offense to the other players on the team, but I was really hoping they'd have a poor season so Pronger wouldn't make it back to the playoffs

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Just saw on the news that at the game in Calgary last night between the Flames and the Ducks - Calgary people stepped up and booed Pronger all night long. Way to go Calgary!!! I guess he lost fans all over Alberta this summer. Serves him right. I'm not normally happy about Calgary winning but I sure cheered when I saw that they beat the Lame Ducks.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/H...nt&showbyline=

Gerard Gallant was fired Monday as head coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Gerard Gallant was fired Monday as head coach of the Blue Jackets.
    (Steve Nesius/Associated Press)
    A replacement will likely be named Tuesday.

Gallant, 43, posted a 56-76-10 record with the Blue Jackets, and went 5-9-1 this season.

"Obviously, we haven't been performing as well as we would have liked," said Blue Jackets president and general manager Doug MacLean. "It's a tough decision I had to make.

"It's a sad day for me because Gerry and I go way back and he's a good person. But hopefully, we can turn things around now."

The last straw proved to be Sunday's 1-0 road loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, losers in eight of their previous nine outings.

Adding to the misery was the fact that the Blue Jackets were blanked by struggling Brian Boucher, who was an abysmal 0-7-1 in his first eight appearances for Chicago.

"While there are always a multitude of factors involved, we felt a change was needed," MacLean said.

Gallant, from Summerside, P.E.I., had worked for the Blue Jackets since their inception in 2000, spending three seasons as an assistant coach before being elevated to interim head coach with 45 games remaining in the 2003-04 NHL campaign.

He was officially named head coach on June 25, 2004.

"[Gallant] has shown tremendous dedication to our organization over the past six-plus years and worked as hard as he could to help our team be successful," MacLean said. "Unfortunately, we have not gotten off to the start we expected this season."

It seems like some teams aren't allowed to have success, and the Jackets are one of them along with Florida, Chicago, and Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2137777;
    Just saw on the news that at the game in Calgary last night between the Flames and the Ducks - Calgary people stepped up and booed Pronger all night long. Way to go Calgary!!! I guess he lost fans all over Alberta this summer. Serves him right. I'm not normally happy about Calgary winning but I sure cheered when I saw that they beat the Lame Ducks.
    Wasn't that great? Love the Flames, sad to see them struggling, but wins like that put smiles on my face!

Anyone hear about a possible trade back for Conroy?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2142223;
    Anyone hear about a possible trade back for Conroy?
    I heard about Conroy going to Ottawa for Alfredsson, but not this.

Who's rumoured to be leaving Calgary in that trade?

No one at present. It would be for a high round draft pick or a prospect. But I don't know if it's even a legitimate deal or if both parties are even remotely interested. I just read it in passing on TSN.

Voting has now opened for the 2007 All-Star Game.

You can only vote online, but can vote as often as you want.
    I say we all pledge to vote like fury in the hope that we can keep Pronger out of the team for the West.

I proudly state I did not vote for him

Vote early and often.

My JBo is on the ballot for the East and even though I logically know he won't get in I still hold out hope.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-18-2006 at 06:16 PM.

Hey, I voted for him! Bouwmeester, that is. Not Pronger.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Oh so neat fluff. Thanks for the link, I voted, but I doubt my biased voting will get an almost full team of Flames players

+ Reply to Thread