+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

the Philadelphia Flyers got rid of Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock after getting off to a dismal start of the season.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;2112154;
    not so good loss to the Sabres. We were doing ok until that gaffe by Toivonen.
    I was at the game, and it's amazing how much more speed the Sabres had. They were all over the place and the Bs just couldn't keep up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2113053;
    the Philadelphia Flyers got rid of Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock after getting off to a dismal start of the season.
    I was surprised that they both went, although Clarke chose to go and Hitchcock was sacked.
    I thought Hitchcock was a goner, even though he did sign a three year extension in the off-season, but didn't think Clarke would be going too.
    I can't stand Bobby Clarke.

So, Pronger faces Edmonton for the first time since he buggered off to Mexico and had his agent tell the press he wanted out.
    I have a feeling he'll be in for a rough ride. At least it's in Anaheim. It'll probably be tougher when the Ducks go to Rexall.
    Perhaps the fans should just ignore him entirely.
    He'll be expecting a cold reception. It might shake him up to think he's now so insignificant to them that they can't even be bothered to boo him

I wish that had been the case Fluff but well he (Pronger) had 3 points last night.
    Tickets to the Nov 28th game in Edmonton are all but sold out, that could be interesting.
    I would have loved nothing more than to see Lupul score last night.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2116097;
    It'll probably be tougher when the Ducks go to Rexall.
    Perhaps the fans should just ignore him entirely.
    He'll be expecting a cold reception. It might shake him up to think he's now so insignificant to them that they can't even be bothered to boo him
    They won't be ignoring him. I was at the Phoenix game the other night and the fans still boo Mike Comrie whenever he touches the puck and Comrie is now only the #2 most hated Ex-Oiler. Pronger is #1 so look for intense booing, signs, & possible #44 jerseys being thrown on the ice. It won't be pretty. A lot of people still feel betrayed by what he did - myself included.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

That's all I have to say about tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;2118267;
    I know what a shame that idiots like that are what people who aren't hockey fans will end up seeing because it makes good TV. The people who threw their garbage on the ice aren't fans they're hooligans.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;2118267;
    I can see how you're disspointed. 1 second away from atleast 1 point. As a Habs fan (not a tyopical habs fan, I have to clear that up) though, it was great to see

Montreal is off to a pretty good start so far this season but right now Buffalo looks like the team to watch out for.

I'm so disgusted with last night's Oilers/Stars game. The ref blew it big time with 2 mistakes on goals. The first by Dallas shouldn't have counted and then the last goal by the Oilers being called back was sick. I also didn't like that the fans threw garbage on the ice just like in Boston last week. I really think McGeogh needs to be suspended for screwing up so badly.

+ Reply to Thread