+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

Re: Hockey 2006

I'd be much less worried about the Flames if they started the series off at home. You're exactly right. Their away games have been utter disasters and unless they just buck up and play like a team with intensity, they'll be joining others on the greens mighty quick.

Blue Jackets fire MacLean

There will be much joy in Columbus today!
    Blue Jackets fire team's president - Yahoo! News
    By RUSTY MILLER, AP Sports Writer 6 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets fired president and general manager Doug MacLean after not coming within 19 points of the playoffs in any of the franchise's six seasons.

Team spokesman Todd Sharrock confirmed the firing on Thursday morning after several media reports said MacLean had been let go late on Wednesday night.
    Confirmed by a local TV station
    WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio's News Leader - Blue Jackets Fire MacLean
    Blue Jackets Fire MacLean
    Apr 19 2007 10:21AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Doug MacLean was fired as president and general manager of the Columbus Blue Jackets Wednesday night, the team confirmed to the Associated Press Thursday morning.

The decision was made in an ownership meeting at Double Eagle Golf Club, sources told the Columbus Dispatch and Canadian media outlet TSN.

The Blue Jackets are the only National Hockey League franchise to have never reached the post-season.

The team finished 11th in the Western Conference this past season and struggled to a 33-42-7 record.

MacLean was named general manager of the Blue Jackets in 1998 and was later promoted to president.

He also coached the team from Jan. 7, 2003 through Jan. 1, 2004.

Sources told 10TV News that the Blue Jackets are expected to name a separate president and general manager.

The Dispatch reported that Michael A. Priest is in line to be president of the Blue Jackets.

According to the newspaper, Priest is president of JMAC Inc., the family holding company of John H. McConnell, the majority owner of the Blue Jackets.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for additional information.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 04-19-2007 at 11:37 AM.

I have nothing of value to contribute...I just came in to gloat because my Rangers swept their first series. 1997 was a loooong time ago.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have to say I was very suprised they swept, AJane.
    They finished the season pretty well, are undoubtedly a team with a lot of talent, but I thought Atlanta might make it a little tougher for them.
    Not very often that Marcel Hossa gets one over on his brother

I was a bit disappointed that Tampa Bay couldn't go 3-1 up against Jersey.
    I'm not fond of the Devils and think that are always a dangerous team, so it would be nice to see them polished off quickly.
    Looks like San Jose might be able to put paid to Nashville in the next couple of days.
    I'd have liked to Nashville to have done better (not that they're out of it by any means) but I'm rather pleased for Craig Rivet who I felt was unjustly benched when Montreal had a rough patch.
    He wasn't playing brilliantly, but they had bigger problems than him and it felt like he was the fall guy.

I think Columbus fans are more than happy to see MacLean gone, Unk

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2339908;
    Looks like San Jose might be able to put paid to Nashville in the next couple of days.
    I'd like to see the Sharks win it all. Then Thornton can come back here with the cup just like Bourque did

Yes, I'm still bitter.

I'm so happy that the Sabres are through to the next round. Now we just have 12 more games and our first championship is ours!

Some days it's so hard being a hockey fan. Yesterday's Flames/Wings game is one such example. Such terrible playing, poor actions, and reprecussions. I really hope the Flames aren't out after tonight.

If there was one person I didn't expect to lose his cool in that manner it was Jamie McLennan.
    Good old Noodles was a big favourite and Florida and always seemed to be the consumate back-up.
    Rumour had it that Luongo wanted it written into his contratc if he re-signed with Florida that they would also re-sign McLennan to be his back-up.
    I don't how how much truth there is to that though.

So, the last two Stanley Cup finals have seen South East Division teams beat Alberta teams.
    That definitely won't happen this season.
    I think I'll be fairly happy as long as Anaheim don't win.
    I don't want Pronger or Brad May to get rings.
    Even though it'll cost Florida I also don't want Detroit to win while Bertuzzi is playing for them.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-23-2007 at 04:11 PM.

I don't want the Wings to win either! For Bertuzzi and because they beat my beloved Flames. As much as I don't like the Canucks, I do hope them or Ottawa goes all the way.

Come on Canucks (my home town)....I am holding out a little hope for you. A little.

+ Reply to Thread