+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

So, for the first time ever the two teams that met in the SC finals failed to make the playoffs the following year.
    Quite the downer for both teams.

I'm very proud of my Florida boys.
    They lost Bertuzzi after seven games, Niewy retired after 15 and had their usual horrendous November, but they were still in the hunt with an outside chance right up until last week.
    Hopefully they can scoop up a decent goalie in the off season.

I've heard of a few players that have been selected for the Canadian squad for the World Championships.
    Off the top of my head I know Doan, Cammaleiri (sp) and Nash (who I doubt will go because he never seems to) have been selected so far.
    I'll try to find a link because I know a few have been selected for the US squad too.

ETA Roloson, Jackman and Murphy (who is 29 and has played in Eurpoe for his whole career but has just been signed to a two year deal by Florida Panthers) have also been selected for Canada.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-06-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Anyone hear about the Icegirls complaint against the Rangers? TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader
    Oh Avery, what a goon! Of course he'd be involved .

Re: Hockey 2006

I find it very hard to believe that any player would deliberately spit on one of the ice girls.
    If anyone did, then that's disgusting.
    Quite a few goalies don't like to move out of their crease.
    Hasek wouldn't shift for them earlier this season either.
    If the clubs want to pretend that only attractive women in skimpy outfits are qualified to scrape up snow then at least do them the favour of supplying them with some intel on the goalies that don't want to move because I doubt any of them are fans of the game enough to know who wouldn't want to move.
    I don't know much about Rangers, but I know Henrik doesn't like to move out of his crease.
    If they're doing the job they should know that!

I don't buy the "you shouldn't hit a woman" argument I've seen elsewhere either.
    He didn't hit her, he hit her squeegee and he did so only after she bumped his stick.
    Get away from the palyers.

They shouldn't be talking to the players on interacting with them in any manner, or at least not initiating conversation when the players might be wanting to concentrate.
    If you skate over to the guy it's pretty obvious why you're they're.
    If he doesn't move then you don't bother to scrape the crease.
    It's an exercise in futility anyway because the goalie will just scuff it up again as soon as he gets back into position.
    The Capitals use junior and youth players to scrape the ice.
    I think that's a much better idea.

So, tonight is the big showdown between the Leafs and the Habs.
    I don't want Toronto to get in because I think JFJ has made some appalling decisions.
    Bryan McCabe must have incriminating photos of JFJ to get the contract he got. He obviously shared them with Pavel Kubina too.
    I'd feel bad for the players and for Maurice because I think they battled well despite many bad injuries particularly to defencemen in the earlier part of the season.
    They deserve it, MLSE doesn't, imo.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-08-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Darn those Habs!!! What a crappy game though, both teams looked bad. But man! I would have rather the Leafs kick their butts, then to have them winning and then lose it! Atleast the Islanders won today to keep the Leafs out of the playoffs also!

That Islander game was a nail biter at the end! NJ ties it up with .7 of a second on the clock! Holy!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Ugh, that Leafs/Habs game was painful.
    Both teams were horrific

We were cheering for the Isles this afternoon and couldn't believe the Devils tied the game with less than a second remaining.
    There's nothing as exciting as a shootout when it goes the way you want it to.
    Dubie was great during the shootout for the Isles.

I went to the Avs games last night--a game they had to win to stay in the playoff hunt. Unfortunately for them, they lost to Nashville 4-2 (empty-netter makes it sound more lopsided than it was). I couldn't believe Calgary ended up losing last night, too. Talk about adding insult to injury. Obviously, it wasn't meant for the Avs to win.

Right now, the Avs are beating Calgary 5-3. Theodore is in goal, so that lead probably won't hold up.

It was great to see Forsberg last night, and the Avs fans were treated to a highlight reel of Forsberg's highlights during his Avs/Nordique tenure. The fans gave a long, deafening, standing ovation to Forsbeg. Man, that was really a touching, special hockey moment.

Kayira really looks puny compared to today's huge hockey players. Little squirt can really move, though.

Oh, and anytime I can be in the same room as Joe Sakic, I'm a very happy camper. He is so awesome!

The Flames deserved every single "BOO" they recevied at the end of the Oilers/Flames game. As much of a fan of the Flames I am, I cannot believe how poorly they played. I was embarassed!! And they need a swift kick to the butts if they think they're going to make it past round 1 playing like they've been playing.
    They're lucky to even be in absolutely lucky.

Such an up and down season for the Flames.
    They started out poorly, went on a good winning streak then limped over the line.
    Quite perplexing considering they have a great line up of players throughout the positions.

You'll be pleased to know the Av's have re-signed Sakic for next season, SV
    I was shocked to hear there are still tickets for the opening Sens/Pens game tomorrow night.
    I would have thought they'd have been snapped up pretty quickly.

Chicago won the draft lottery, so for the first time ever they will have the top pick.

This past weekend was definitely an exciting weekend for hockey. I can't believe the Isles game went to a shootout. What a bad way to determine who's in and who's out of the playoffs. Disappointing weekend for Habs & Leafs fans.

Sorry to say this, but as a Bruins fan, I was happy to see them out.

As for the playoffs, I think I'll be rooting for Nashville in the West and Ottawa in the East.

I think that the Leafs should point to the game against Bufalo where they gave up a three goal lead in the span of about 13 minutes as the point where they went out of the playoffs.
    The shoot out has been a factor throughout the season. Without that extra point being available Carolina would have made the playoffs, for example.

I really don't know who to root for. There are a lot of teams I'd like to see do well and I'm a bit disappointed that the Sens and Pens meet in the first round.
    Of course it does assure that one of them goes through, but I'd have liked to have seen them both make it at least a couple of rounds.

CBC can't be too happy today.
    Hockey night in Canada on Saturday will feature Tampa Bay v New Jersey because the Sens/Pens game will be played at 3pm eastern.

+ Reply to Thread