+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

I saw a piece on one of the sports shows where the reporter said he'd spoken with Roloson and McT had told him he would be playing in both remaining games against Colorado, even though Edmonton have been eliminated.
    His rationale was that, if the positions were reversed, they'd want to think that Calgary would put their best available team on the ice against Colorado.
    Of course Edmonton are putting out an almost unrecognizable field thanks to so many players carrying injuries.
    Even though they lost to Colorado I would at least be reassured if I was Calgary that they didn't intend to tank so Colorado would get two points closer.

Who have thought I'd be cheering for Edmonton's win? They stopped their losing streak and didn't let the Avs get closer to Calgary. A win-win as I see it!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2007/03/26/3836863-sun.html

I'm glad to hear that they signed this deal to keep HNIC on CBC till 2014. Also, looks like they will have more Habs and other Canadian Teams on there...not just the Leafs.
    ---------------------
    opps....

I'm a bit torn on the issue of hockey staying on CBC, because it means seven more years of Don Cherry.
    Still, more often than not I don't watch Leaf games on Saturday nights thanks to Centre Ice, so its been fairly easy to avoid him for most of the season.
    Wish I hadn't seen the ridiculous spectacle he made of himself on Saturday night too.
    I wish they'd pension him off and bring in Kelly.

I really like Ron....Don, I like too, although lately we just use the time Don's on to get a drink etc....so we tend to miss him. Love Satillite HotStove though and the late game...Kelly and company are great! Someone I'd like to see retire is the guy who does the commentation for the Leafs games....Bob or Harry, I'm not sure which one...but you can be guarenteed atleast twice a game he'll mess up and say the wrong team, or guy or score....Lol....I think I'm most excited about the 17 Habs games a year. I remember when we had our dish and we thought we could avoid the Leaf games and get Habs games, since we could watch CBC from out East etc....but oh no....they'd be blocked out in our area~one of the main reasons we never bothered to get a dish again.
    ---------------------
    opps....

A year or so ago we got an upgrade to our HD cable service that gave us a variety of Sportsnet Channels.
    We thought we'd be able to get Habs and Sens games, but they just blacked them out...unless you buy the Super Sports Pack.
    We don't watch the majority of things that you get with the pack, such as OHL and Nascar and rarely if ever watch the NBA or MLB stations, but it's great for the hockey.

I do like the Hot Stove on CBC, particularly now Al Strachan isn't on anymore.
    I try to catch that every week, but sometimes if we're watching a good out of town game we won't want to switch it over.

Please someone tell me they also saw the Leafs/Sabres game last Friday.
    It was fantastic (unless you're a Leaf fan, of course).

JR.
    I would gladly take Cherry back They guys in the studio for Bs games are coma inducing.

Claude Julien Fired

I'm shocked.

Lou did this before a couple of years ago didn't, fire the coach and take over for the playoffs?
    Most peculiar.
    It's not as though Jersey is having a bad season.

Based on Lou's comments there seems to be the suggestion that behind closed doors things were not well. On the surface it seems quite odd as the Devils are having a pretty good season. I want to say it's some sort of power trip two years in a row, but I know that isn't the case. Still, how odd and I wonder what kind of effects it will have.

+ Reply to Thread