+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade;2237351;
    That's sad about Doug Orr.

Looking past this year, the Bruins win this one unless Stuart re-signs with Calgary.

To the Thrashers:
    Eric Belanger. Yes, the same Eric Belanger that was traded Thursday
    (Thrashers also picked up Denis Hamel off of waivers from Senators)

To the Predators:
    Vitaly Vishnevski

I'm happy with this, Preds really needed an intimidating guy on the blueline.

Any news on Kris Newbury? The guy got knocked out cold by a punch and on his way down he slammed his head on the ice. I heard he was doing fine last night...
    Kris Newbury is back with the Leafs.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2237564;
    It's the trade that keeps on giving
    Yeah, just not to my team though

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/H...howbyline=True

Ottawa Senators goaltender Ray Emery will get some extra rest before next week's home-and-home series against Buffalo.

He was suspended for three games without pay Monday following a slashing incident in Saturday's 5-3 win over the Canadiens in Montreal.

Emery, 24, will be docked $14,839.56 in salary for his slash against rookie Canadiens centre Maxim Lapierre midway through the second period. The money will be directed to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Emery, who boasts a 24-13-2 record and 2.40 goals-against average in 41 games this season, will miss visits by Florida (Wednesday), Atlanta (Saturday) and Edmonton (Feb. 20).

Ottawa (32-22-3) trails the Eastern Conference-leading Sabres by 13 points and fell 3-2 to its Northeast Division rivals on Feb. 7.

The home-and-home set opens in Buffalo on Feb. 22.

Thank god.

If Lapierre hadn't had a visor on...

Stars acquired Ladislav Nagy from Phoenix

To the Stars:
    Ladislav Nagy

To the Coyotes:
    Mathias Tjarnqvist
    first-round pick in 2007

Thank God is right Rusi, that's why I don't understand so many drop the visor as soon as they make it to the NHL. They have to wear them in juniors so what's the big deal?

Do any of you ever visit hockeyfights.com? I ran across this in an article I was reading in Sports Illustrated about the Ducks' George Parros who they refer to as "its Princeton-educated goon."
    That just sounds funny.

Big trade news.

Forsberg Headed to Nashville.

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Forsberg was on the ice for warm-ups for Thursday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but he was scratched from the lineup.

In 40 games with the Flyers this season Forsberg has 11 goals and 29 assists. He is also leads the Flyers with a +2 plus/minus rating.

Forsberg has missed 16 games with a variety of injuries this season including a concussion, an injured groin and a sore back.

I have to say, I thought it a little odd that he was a healthy scratch against the Leafs tonight.
    Got to feel a little sorry for Upshall and Parent, from first to dead last.

Not sure if Forsberg is what Nashville needs, but for the players going to Philadelphia it looks good.

IIRC ( and I might not) Forsberg is an UFA at the end of the season.
    If he was to sign back with Philly it would work out to be an even better deal for them.
    I don't think anyone in Nashville would be too concerned with having possibly overpaid for him if they win the cup in the meanwhile
    Interesting.
    I wonder if there will be any trades left for deadline day.

This is EXACTLY what Nashville needs. Forsberg is a money player, he'll be a force in the playoffs and play through pain.

The price is steep, though. The team has solid prospects on the blueline and at forward besides Upshall and Parent, but still...that's a lot.

The good news is that this season will end with the Preds holding the cup over their heads.

+ Reply to Thread