+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

Habs/Pen game on the CBC today at 2....if anyone caught the awesome game Thursday night on TSN...I think todays game should shape up to be a good one!

My comments on the Souray penalty, he should have never got the game misconduct! Two fives and a 10 probably, but a game! No way!
    Way to stick up for your Captain! I wore my Souray jersey with more pride than usual! And I'll also be on the side that doesn't think it was a butt end on the face off, contact was made with the arm more than the stick....but Sid the Kid sure can fall....must have learned from Mario
    Anyone see the clips Don Cherry had on last night of Mario being hit??? Wow! I don't remember them being so embellished, and I am a Mario fan.

So it should be interesting to see how the game goes today. The guy that hit Koivu (Armstrong???) didn't play yesterday due to an injury....so I don't know if he'll be in the line up tonight or not.
    ---------------------
    opps....

I think (and hope) this'll be a rough one, hopefully Guy puts Downey in.

Yeah, Crosby dived. I might be a bit biased, though.

I didn't see the game wwhip but I did look and you're right Armstrong didn't play last night. In terms of mixing it up that would definately be him I watched him a lot in the WHL and the boy is, well vocal and thrives on stirring the pot. If you're a fan of the team, it's funny to watch.

I did mention this in the FoRT Hockey thread but.......... What a game in Calgary last night!! I was on the edge of my seat, sure goes to show why the northwest division is so tight. WOW!

Armstrong won't play today, which is a bit of a letdown.

That really was an amazing game...at least the first 2 periods were, I couldn't stay awake until 2 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2;2228813;
    I did mention this in the FoRT Hockey thread but.......... What a game in Calgary last night!! I was on the edge of my seat, sure goes to show why the northwest division is so tight. WOW!
    Wasn't that just one of the best games? It was such a close one and for now the Flames are on top

That was a great Calgary/Vancouver game. And I loved that the 13 yr old little girl Akina Shirt who made NHL history singing the national anthem in Cree. Gave the Flames luck!

I heard she won the opportunity when the Chief of her Nation won a bet made with Flames GM during a golf game.

Story was here if you're interested:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...nada-cree.html

Her homepage is here: http://www.akinashirt.com/
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-04-2007 at 08:05 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought the Calgary/Van. game was good too, but also fell asleep in the 2nd period. Those late games, I love watching them as they are so quick paced (as a rule)...but man, I just can't stay awake the whole game.
    ---------------------
    opps....

The Los Angeles Kings traded center Sean Avery and prospect John Seymour to the New York Rangers for Jason Ward along with Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek.

Perfect fit, a guy I hate on a team I hate.

I don't know much about the other guys, Jason Ward is a 4th liner while Jan Marek in the Czech league. I've heard Cliche's name somewhere, maybe world juniors..

LA will probably trade Aaron Miller and maybe Brent Sopel next...

Ugh, I was hoping after they dumped him last season there would be no future in the NHL for Avery.
    Had Kennan still been at Florida he might have tried to pick him up to partner with that other neanderthal, Bertuzzi.

Well, he has changed this season...I think he's only been in 1 fight.

However, I think on a soft Rangers team, he'll be asked to harass Crosby. Pittsburgh needs to get Laraque...although it might be fun watching Ruutu and Avery going at it.

Oh, and Sergei Samsonov has asked for a trade!

Rivet + Samsonov = good second line center, I hope.

+ Reply to Thread