+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade;2220430;
    Great pickup by the Flames!

To The Flames:
    C Craig Conroy

To the Kings:
    C/RW Jamie Lundmark
    4th rounder in 2007
    2nd rounder in 2008

Solid 3rd-line center at this stage of career and he can help out the Flames' surprisingly bad PK.

The Kings might be in rebuilding mode now..
    Oh I agree, especially since Lundmark has been a very hefty disappointment for the Flames. I heard they threw in the 2nd rounder as payment for the Kings to take him off the Flames hands .

I believe Conroy got two goals last night.

According to Darren Dreger on TSN (who I still don't buy as a "Hockey Insider") Sutter asked Jarome Iginla what Calgary was missing and what it would take for them to get back to their form of 2004 and apparently he said "Craig Conroy".

Late to the All star discussion, but yeah, that woman who sang O Canada was awful!

I had read a while ago that Iginla wanted Marc Savard to sign in Calgary, but Savard ended up signing in Boston. I bet Iginla is laughing at Savard now. Boston is well on their way to getting another high draft pick this season (with their pathetic performances recently).
    Last edited by pineapple; 01-31-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Calgary made a very good trade in acquiring Craig Conroy.

He sure came out with vigor on his first night. The atmosphere just seemed to intensify as soon as he came out onto the ice. Conroy certainly will help off the ice as well as on.

It might seem like a minor trade right now, but Boston trading Milan Jurcina for a 4th rounder seems...stupid. Even if he was struggling, wasn't he considered a building block for the B's defence?

Nice move by the Caps...

I don't know a great deal about the set-up at Boston, but that doesn't seem like the greatest trade ever.
    They seemed to be doing pretty well earlier in the season, but they've dropped like a stone.
    The east is very close though, so if a couple of teams go through a slump and another can put a streak together standings could change pretty quickly.
    Florida jumped two spots last night after beating Washington for example.
    Florida play Colorado next week, which will be a nice grudge match between me and my dear friend SV.
    It's not being televised though apparently which irks me greatly.

JR.
    I thought Jurcina was playing ok, but he's been a healthy scratch for a few games recently. Apparently, he's fallen out of favor and management feels they have enough young d-men.

Still, this trade makes no sense. The Bs are lacking toughness and could use some offense, and this move gets them neither.

I think the Bruins should've kept Jurcina even though he's been struggling this year. It just seems that ever since the beginning of the year, they weren't giving him a chance.

Another trade by Chiarelli today. Bochenski for Kris Versteeg and a conditional pick. Don't know much about Bochenski. Versteeg has been doing well in the AHL (49 points in 43 games) and is 4 years younger than Bochenski.

Bochenski's one of those guys that puts up some mind-boggling numbers in the AHL (This year he has something like 65 points in 35 games) but can't produce at the NHL level, and he's useless as a 3rd or 4th liner.

Still, I think the Bruins won this deal because Bochenski can fill in on the top line and not look so out of place for a few games.

+ Reply to Thread