+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

They've been showing that clip all season apparently, at every home game, but you'd think someone would have made the connection before they played it this time.
    Thankfully Gainey wasn't actually in attendance, but of course he will have heard about it as the story is being reported on all the sports shows.
    Terrible oversight by Ottawa.
    Even though I can't imagine promos are high on the list of priorities on game day, it is still someone's responsibility and you'd think it would have dawned on them to nix that one for this game.

I was surprised to hear that Ryan Smyth had never been to an all-star game before.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade;2203855;
    I always watch the skills comp. It's one of the highlights of the season for me.
    Most of the time it's better than the game

I would've liked Marc Savard to get a bit more attention. IMO, he has been just as important, if not more so, than Chara has for the Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2203820;
    I really enjoy watching Nashville play and was hoping they would get more than one player on the squad.
    I was at the Preds/Bluejackets game last night. We had great seat courtesy of the advertising agency our restaurant uses. $140 seats, 10 rows from the glass right behind the penalty box. Nashville beat the crap out of us 4 -1. It was easy to see why they're in 1st place and we're in last. My nephew flew up from Nashville to go to the game. He's a huge fan. Here's a couple of pictures of the pre-game warm ups.

Ohh Unk, looks like you did have great seats.
    You'll be a hockey fan in no time at this rate.

Oh, look! It's Paul Kariya . . . and some Z and V guys. Those are great seats, Unk. Did you see much action in the penalty box?

Great seats Unk, you can really see the action from ice level.

Yeah Nashville got quite a few penalties but the Jackets couldn't take advantage of it. I think we had 39 shots on goal. It was ugly, real ugly. The only fight took place right in front of us.

I love it when you're watching on tv and the camera shows the penalty box and fans are holding signs up.
    I remember seeing one game where one fan who was seated behind the oppositions penalty box had a sign that was a big speech bubble with "I'm a loser" written on it that he held up every time one of the visitors got sent in there.
    Silly really, but he was so proud and was grinning, throwing the thumbs up and laughing with his mates every time the camera panned to him and his group that you couldn't help but laugh.

I love the silly scenes they show on the big screen with the penalty box and the guy in it wiping boogers on the opposing player or farting on him, Stupid, but funny. A little kid sitting in front of me asked his dad if "that guy really farted" on the player.
    Here's a couple of more shots. The second one is the party tower we were in for our Christmas party.

JR.
    Looks like there might be some shenanigans at NHL headquarters:

http://www.slate.com/id/2157741/

"Rorygate"

+ Reply to Thread