+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2006

Oh gosh wasn't it though?! It was absolutely nail biting and Canada was very lucky late in the game. I'm not saying they don't deserve to go for gold, but those first two periods I was not happy with their play. (Like I'm the coach or something ). But the OT and extending shoot-outs were so nerve wracking. I'm so glad they made it through and now face Russia!

At least Canada's doing better than the Flames .

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    OMG, did you catch the last 5 secs. of the Oilers/Stars game last night. Unbelievable play - Dallas guy going for an empty netter, he loses the puck on his stick, Sykora gets the puck, passes it to Smyth, who passes it to Hemsky and he scores to tie it up with 2 secs. on the clock. That is on all the highlights reels for the rest of the year. The bad things were the Oil blew a 4-1 lead and lost in the OT shootout. The last month or so they have been horrible. With the pickup of Nedved, I smell a trade pretty soon.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Bubba, I didn't see the game, but I heard about it. I was too busy throwing things due to the Bruins' pathetic response last night to Monday's loss to the Leafs. Absolutely disgusting.

The Canada-Russia game is starting soon! That game against the US was exciting, but I still don't like the idea of shootouts deciding it.

GO Canada GO!!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Sorry about your Bruins Pineapple. It was a weird night last night in the NHL.

Are you watching the Can/Rus game or following it on the net or radio? I'm listening to the radio but it's just not the same as watching. I hope the boys do better than the game the other day. Just saw that the US beat Sweden for bronze 2-1. Good for them.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Yeah Pineapple, I did catch the Leafs humiliating Boston in a 10-2 massacre. Don't worry, the Leafs have scored their goal quota for the month, so we can expect a long losing streak now. I'm a huge Leaf fan, but I'm realistic.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It definitely was a weird night. I feel a bit better knowing that Detroit lost 9-4 to San Jose after leading 3-0. But our score was still worse. Oh well.

I'm watching the game on TSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi;2195850;
    No, I missed that. What I did catch was the Leafs humiliating Boston in a 10-2 massacre. I guess the Leafs have scored their goal quota for the month, so we can expect a long losing streak now.
    Humiliating and massacre are not strong enough words to describe it. I don't even know if I can find strong enough words to describe it.
    Last edited by pineapple; 01-05-2007 at 02:38 PM.

The finish to the Edmonton game was really bizarre
    I was watching Florida lose a 4-2 lead over the Flames but my boy did have a three point night which is unheard of for him on that craopla team.
    I kept flicking between the two games, but watching the west makes for some late nights for me.

I didn't see the Leafs game because it was on Leafs tv which we don't subscribe to.
    I did see the highlights and by all accounts it would seem Boston played badly as opposed to the Leafs playing brilliantly.
    People who watch the Leafs regularly will likely find that assessment spot on.

Canada currently leading Russia 4-0 in the WJC final.
    A little while back, the commentators were talking about Mark Staal and how the other players bought him a flashlight for Christmas because he's in the shadow of Erik and Jordan
    Maybe not for much longer though.

Ooh 4-1 now. I've been cheering hard. But it looks like they're playing very well. Much better than the sloppy first and second periods against the US. Definitely playing more competitive, smooth hockey!

Fluff, I'm sorry Florida lost, but glad the Flames won. They're needing all the help they can get this year. It's so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2195906;
    Ooh 4-1 now. I've been cheering hard. But it looks like they're playing very well. Much better than the sloppy first and second periods against the US. Definitely playing more competitive, smooth hockey!

Fluff, I'm sorry Florida lost, but glad the Flames won. They're needing all the help they can get this year. It's so frustrating.
    I really enjoy watching Calgary, so it was kind of a win/win for me really
    I so wanted Florida to do well without Bertuzzi because I despise him with the fire of a thousand suns.
    Neither team was stellar, but it was a good game to watch.
    I hope Iginla isn't too badly injured.
    Hopefully Florida can stuff Vancouver on Sunday without Bertuzzi and do Calgary a favour in the process

Damn, 4-2 Canada now.

I was so worried and still am about Iginla's injury because he is really at the core of the team. At first I heard it was a broken wrist/arm and then a leg/knee injury. I haven't looked up yet what exactly it was except for the fact I think on The Score they labelled it a lower body injury. I hope it's not serious and that he doesn't miss more than a small handful of games, if any. The team can't handle that. And hopefully Miikka starts playing as sharp as we all know he can.

I just went to the TSN website. What a little investigating and luck can do: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190993&hubname= Iginla's out for a week with a sprained left knee

+ Reply to Thread