+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: US Open (Tennis)

FORT Fogey

Re: US Open (Tennis)

Rather interesting that it takes someone as young as Radwanska to figure out how much Maria gets rattled when you move up and around on her serve. Man did she use that effectively today. I was pulling for Sharapova, but I really have to give her credit for figuring out Maria's weak spot (aggressive play that doesn't fear her) and taking advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2555005;

The James Blake match was fabulous. It was so enjoyable that I stayed up until the end and hoped for a 5 set match. Even though I wanted James to ultimately win (only because he is an American), I was rooting for the other guy through most of the match. Note to James - lay off the strength training, put away the guns and concentrate on cardio and slim down.
    Hey now, lay off any advice that encourages Mr Blake to take away from the visual benefits of watching him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2554960;
    This Sharapova/Radwanska match is great. Radwanska is up two breaks in the third set. I really didn't expect an upset on the women's side this early.

ETA: And Radwanska pulls it off.
    Dayum... I go away for lunch and look at the fun I get to come home to!!!!! Between Michigan losing and Sharapova getting knocked out.... the only thing that can make me happier is if Notre Dame loses, too. *crossing fingers*
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-01-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Sharapova already lost, that was a big surprise, are the Williams sisters playing in this U.S. Open?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2555350;
    Sharapova already lost, that was a big surprise, are the Williams sisters playing in this U.S. Open?
    Yes. They are both still in it and looking good.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Roddick and Federer are just amazing tennis players...I love to watch them play!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Aren't they, though, bbnbama??? They're so evenly matched tonight... Tiebreak in both sets!

Did you catch the Williams/Jankovic match? Same there... great tennis!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2559302;
    Aren't they, though, bbnbama??? They're so evenly matched tonight... Tiebreak in both sets!

Did you catch the Williams/Jankovic match? Same there... great tennis!
    I missed the match but have caught some highlights...looks like it was a good one! I'm more a Serena fan than Venus though....but I can appreciate how good Venus is......

I am a Roddick fan but I love to watch how calm, cool and collected Federer is throughout this game....silent but deadly!

140 mph serves....WOW! Just WOW!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Venus and jankovic game was great!!! Wow venus is getting better. It will be though for Henin, but i still think henin has the upper hand.

Agassi something like "there is a fine line between being pumped up and waking up a giant" well roddick started well until the giant woke up. it is amazing how calm under pressure federrer is. i think that is his strengh.

FORT Fogey

It kills me that Roddick played THAT well, stuck with Federer that closely, and gets virtually no recognition for it. By next week, that match is going to be just another in the "loss" column for his record against Federer. Writers will continue to lament that American men's tennis players stink, and that Roddick has never lived up to expectations. Only one guy can win, and Federer had his points in the right order for the first two sets to seal the victory to go his way. But Roddick deserves A LOT of recognition for the way he played that match, and it irks me to realize he won't get most of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2559699;
    It kills me that Roddick played THAT well, stuck with Federer that closely, and gets virtually no recognition for it. By next week, that match is going to be just another in the "loss" column for his record against Federer. Writers will continue to lament that American men's tennis players stink, and that Roddick has never lived up to expectations. Only one guy can win, and Federer had his points in the right order for the first two sets to seal the victory to go his way. But Roddick deserves A LOT of recognition for the way he played that match, and it irks me to realize he won't get most of it.

i agree. same goes with the williams sisters. The media doesnt care when they win but when they lose, all hell break lose

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast