+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Year Ago

One Year Ago

I know I'm a bit late, but here goes

Also on February 25, 2002, amateur astronomer Grant Walsh (pictured) officially registered his complaints about a 100-meter communications tower in Australia. No word yet on whether his demands were met. Offending tower visible in photograph. (Source: Geraldton Guardian)

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, giving Congress the power to levy and collect income taxes, was declared in effect.

One year ago: Former NBA star Jayson Williams was charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of Costas Christofi, a limousine driver at Williams' estate in Alexandria Township, N.J.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    We were just carrying on like silly fools.The girls game was more heart wrenching (don't tell the guys,they would get all funky)

I agree Eny, I just cannot believe that the Canadian Women managed to pull that out despite the ref.

And they played with so much emotion and so much pride, it was a tough act for the men to follow with.

Although I always tear up when they air the final minute of play and you can hear the fans in the stands singing O Canada.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Do you know whether there is a tape or DVD of the game itself? I have the gold DVD , but there are only bits of the games. I couldn't tape it because I wasn't at home when the game was on, and stupid me never thought of it to set up the vcr to record .

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    *Throttles Paulie and John for blatantly ignoring the obvious Olympic-Hockey-relatedness of Miss F's post.*

I thought the women's game was more impressive as well, Eny. I mean, the USA team was supposed to dominate, weren't they?

*Smacks Paulie again. At least John made a basketball reference.*

oh!!! I thought this was a thread about the Curling match.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Wayner! You don't think I knew that?!? I was trying to deflect attention away from the US defeat. *hum national anthem, wave flag* Get it?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Thank you Wayner.. you are now officially an honourary Canadian!

This way to your gift basket, which includes a touque, a 24 of Blue and a Celine Dion CD.

On second thought.. you can just have the beer if you want.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast