+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PGA: WGC Accenture Match Play Championships (2/26-3/2)

Tiger is 6 up after 7 holes in his match today... I am going out on a limb and guessing that he will advance.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Woods wins 7 and 6. That is your basic match play ass whoopin'

Mickelson is down one on the eleventh.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

I'd love to see Tiger against Mickelson in the final.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Woods wins 7 and 6. That is your basic match play ass whoopin'

Mickelson is down one on the eleventh.
    That means they stopped with six holes to go and Tiger up 7, right? So that probably means he won 7 of the first 12 holes and maybe pushed on the other 5? Something like that? Holy shnikies!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sadly, Mickelson lost.

You're right Paulie, ahead by 7 with 6 to play. That is very unusual on the pro level.

Yeah, you normally hear 3 and 2 or something like that. 7 and 6 is outrageous!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quarterfinal pairings/tee times

by Golf Press Association
    CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Tee times for Saturday's quarterfinal round at the WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship, held on the the par-72, 7,247-yard La Costa Resort and Spa course. Times are EST.

10:10 a.m.: Tiger Woods (1) vs. Scott Hoch (25)
    10:20 a.m.: Jay Haas (61) vs. Adam Scott (44)
    10:30 a.m.: Peter Lonard (31) vs. Darren Clarke (26)
    10:40 a.m.: Jerry Kelly (19) vs. David Toms (6)

Television airtimes (Eastern):
    Sat 03/01/03 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ESPN
    Sat 03/01/03 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. ABC

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Tiger Woods made sure he wasn't part of the nail-biting drama Friday in the Match Play Championship, winning six of the first seven holes in a ruthless display of golf to beat Stephen Leaney and advance to the quarterfinals.

No one else had such a short day of work, least of all David Toms.

Toms spent four hours in the hospital overnight with food poisoning and wasn't even sure he could make it to the first tee.

He mustered whatever strength he had left to win the last two holes, making a 15-foot birdie putt on the 18th for a 1-up victory over Alex Cejka.

"I don't think I had anything left in me to go extra holes," Toms said. "I wanted to make that putt, and I'm glad I did."

Tiger puts it away quickly again today, against a decent-playing Scott Hoch. 5 & 4 is the final socre there. Looks like Tiger will play Adam Scott, another long-ball hitter, tomorrow.

Yeah, and Tiger could have closed him out sooner, as he got a little careless off the tee once he was three up.

I think Scott will experience the Leaneyn fate tomorrow. David Toms is playing quite well on the other side of the bracket, even with the food poisioning.

By the way, I didn't know this, but they're playing the semifinal match right now. Finals tomorrow.

So, all 4 players have 36 holes (theoretically) today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast