+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The French Open - Tennis' 2nd Grand Slam

Nadal and Henin-Hardenne managed to defend their titles rather easily. It will be interesting to see how they'll do at Wimbledon. Both were eliminated early last year.

Jewelsy, I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Early rounds coverage of the tourney was on ESPN2. NBC aired the Women's Final last Saturday morning and the Men's Final was on Sunday morning.

Next stop - Wimbledon (my favorite Grand Slam)!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

FORT Fogey
    I think that Nadal will be eliminated early again this year. He's a great clay court player ... grass will eat up a clay game -- and not in the dainty way you eat berries and cream. Henin - could be a different story.

I agree with you Britty - there's just nothing like Wimbledon. I love all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it. I still miss the white balls and bowing to the royal box. Of course, I also miss there BEING royals in the royal box!

I hear ya Veruka! Wimbledon is in a class by itself. I think it's the most prestigious of the four slams. I can hear NBC's theme music right now. It gives me the chills. I can remember waking up early, when I was a little girl to watch Breakfast at Wimbledon. I'm still doing it as an adult.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12