+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    Sorry I got it wrong but England have been very lucky so far. They'll never win if they continue to play so badly.
    But they might win if they continue to improve, like they have been doing every match. I still think they could make it to the finals.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    Sorry I got it wrong but England have been very lucky so far. They'll never win if they continue to play so badly.
    Personally, I think they're not playing that badly...they have been winning, after all. Maybe not playing spectacularly but getting the job done. And personally I don't believe it is all luck. But that's just my 2 cents. Or pence, if you will.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Switzerland v Ukraine was just decided on penalties, 3-0 to Ukraine.
    All three Swiss penalties were saved/missed.
    Ukraine missed their first penalty too.

Switzerland is the first team to go out of the competition without conceding a goal during regular or extra time during their games.

I just watched the Brazil - Ghana match, and saw more action in ten minutes than 120 minutes of Swiss - Ukraine snoozefest yesterday.

Watching Brazil earlier against Australia I believed Brazil simply had too much speed for most other teams. But Ghana not only had more speed but proved to be very frustrating until the second goal. With a better finishing touch Ghana could have been up 2 - 1 instead of down 2 - 0 at half-time.

Ghana played well, until the 3rd goal, after which they seemed to give up. I liked their passing attack ... at least they attack. So many teams play a defensive game ... dare I say the Europeans don't provide the same entertainment.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Switzerland v Ukraine was just decided on penalties, 3-0 to Ukraine....All three Swiss penalties were saved/missed....Ukraine missed their first penalty too...Switzerland is the first team to go out of the competition without conceding a goal during regular or extra time during their games.
    I don't care how Ukraine won. Just so HAPPY they WON! First time ever in the quarter finals and under the right flag....(not that red hammer and sickle thingy). Doing my happy dance

(I do realize they're not a great team, but in the old country, they rock!)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL
    I didn't get to see much of the Germany-Argentina name but I'm glad Germany won. It's nice when the home team does well. I know the Italians are ahead in their game because people are driving down the street honking.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The Germany-Argentina game was an absolute thriller this morning. What a great match. We were very happy for German friends that their team won, since naturally it seemed to mean so much for them.

What was with that melee after the game though? It looked like some of the Argentinian players were angered and people were fighting? I wasn't sure what was going on.

The Italy-Ukraine match is on right now, and a bit of a blow out. I'm not biting my nails on this one, but still this has been a fun day for watching football.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    I wish I had been able to watch the Germany - Argentina match. I have to content myself with sneaking a peak on fifaworldcup.com every now and then at work (which is supposed to be blocked on our computers) and email the latest scores to one of the interns. It seems a little unfair though that the score is decided on penalty shoot outs. Oh well...that's just the way it is.

I got home to watch the Italy - Ukraine match though. It was ok. Italy were the better side by far.

I am hoping (I know it may sound far fetched) for a Germany - England final!
    I am also hoping that we don't go up to camp until after the England game is over tomorrow.....
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Well...it was fun while it lasted

Now on to cheer for Andy Murray in Wimbledon
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well, England were fairly crap against Portugal
    Rooney is such a hot head.
    Hard to believe they were down to ten men, then lost on penalties AGAIN.
    England are so bad at penalties.
    Only Hargreaves even looked capable of scoring.
    The others couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

On the upside, I did make $100 from my neighbour for betting France would beat Brazil.

+ Reply to Thread