+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Owen is out for the remainder of the World Cup with a ruptured cruciate ligament, he's gone Old School.
    This is the injury that Gazza got all those years ago, then everyone suddenly started getting, the metatarsal of the 90's if you will.

Joe Cole's goal was fantastic, Gerrard's header was pretty good too, but where was the defending England?
    I know that they weren't fielding their first choice defence with Carragher covering for Neville, but come on, every Swedish corner looked likely to result in at least a chance, if not a goal.
    Very disappointing.
    Beckham was nowhere to be seen.
    Bring back Lennon I say.

Hi everybody!

I'm joining in a little late here, and I warn you I have little to no sports knowledge whatsoever, but when we were visiting friends recently, many of whom are European (our German friends are especially proud, of course), I got hooked on the World Cup! Their zeal for the game was contagious, and now I wake up every morning, looking forward to seeing what match is on for the day.

I'll probably be lurking mostly, since I may not have too much to add to the conversation. I did just want to mention that I can't believe how most Americans have little or no interest in such a great international event.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fluff I totally agree with you on the defense. I was just happy to see some life in the team, any life was improvement for me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The US is out of the World Cup after losing to Ghana today.
    This was a bad final match-up of the group for me as I'd have liked to see both teams go through, they both play entertaining football.
    Other results made that impossible though.

I'll definitely be rooting for Ghana in the next round.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Ghana will likely face Brazil in the next round,(unless Japan can beat them by about four goals and the Aussies also beat Croatia by about the same) so they'll probably need all the support they can get .

Ivory Coast went out yesterday, despite beating Serbia & Montenegro.
    They had a proper choreographed goal celebration, which I felt was worth an extra point

Ghana will play Brazil in the next round.
    Brazil has won all three of their matches so far and only conceeded one goal, so it'll be a tall order for Ghana to beat them.

Australia took second place in Group F ahead of Croatia thanks to a 2-2 draw between the two teams today.
    The Aussies will play the Italians in the next round.

Just two more groups to be finished off tomorrow and we'll know the full top 16.
    It's knockout football once we get to that stage.

Canada isn't in it. And I don't get cable. So I can't watch. So I'll just chew my soccer gum instead.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I am all ready for the England match tomorrow
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I am all ready for the England match tomorrow
    And what a match that was! They are getting better with each match and they better keep it up.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread