+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Spain beat Ukraine 4-0!
    Best result of the first round of matches!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

FORT Fogey
    yes, but spanish is in a very easy group

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Kids are chanting I-ta-lia, I-ta-lia, I-ta-lia, outside my window . I heard it was a great game between Italy and Ghana. Lots of missed opportunities though.

Eh-mee, that goal Baggio missed was a heartbreaker to me as I was in Italy at that time, watching the game for the first time with my uncles and cousins and I was dying for Italy to win to see how they celebrate there.

That would have been an awesome experience!! I wish I could be there during any World Cup game....the fans there are just so different from here (Canada)

this world cup its for germany or brazil... i just notice about the game on germany today

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Oh my word...how exciting was the Poland - Germany match? I am pretty annoyed that I have to be working during the matches, but I had to go to the dentist yesterday afternoon and got home in time for the match.

Blimey - I was on the edge of my seat. That was world class football yesterday!

I can go to work today knowing that I caught at least one fantastic match during the work week.....
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Earlier this week I was in N. California for business. After my interview I went to a British pub. Had some Fish and Chips and watched the World Cup. It was almost like I was home.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

England 2 - 0 T & T

Luckily as I was driving only heard this match on the radio. Sounded desperately bad, until the last minute goals. Owen was rubbish and the big news was Rooney came on as sub during second half!

They'll never win this playing so poorly!

I watched the second half here as I was working in the morning. Owen wasn't the only one who played poorly --- the whole team did. The Brits better pull it together.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    England 2 - 0 T & T

Luckily as I was driving only heard this match on the radio. Sounded desperately bad, until the last minute goals. Owen was rubbish and the big news was Rooney came on as sub during second half!

They'll never win this playing so poorly!
    Indeed.
    Whether they get Germany or Equador in the next round won't really matter as it looks like they could struggle to beat either.
    I thought Aaron Lennon was the best substitution they made.
    He was really zippy on the wings and Beckham seemed to rate him as he passed to him at times when other players (notably twice, Downie) were free in a lot of space and calling for the ball.

Much as I love my Liverpool players, Crouch doesn't seem to be up for it in this championship so far.
    His height should be an advantage at set pieces, but rarely seems to be, although he did get a goal.
    Most disappointing.

Bizarrely, 6ft 7 inch Peter Crouch is useless at heading!

+ Reply to Thread