+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Brittannia, you are in NY, come up to Montreal for a weekend. You'll feel like you were back in England. Pubs, coffee bars, restaurants are filled to capacity at every game and people of all races celebrate in the streets when their team win. There are flags of every country (ok mostly Italian ) at many many doors.
    Wow, DesertRose, that sounds great!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the times they showed the matches coincided with us all NOT being at work? OUr company screens the websites we go into, so I get 1 minute of yahoo.com or fifaworldcup.com and then I'm thrown out.

My favourite world cup was 1990 with Lineker and Gascoigne et al.
    My favourite match was Ireland vs Italy. I was in a pub in Stockwell, London with a huge bunch of Irish people - tvs everywhere and a live Irish band afterward. It was fabulous - Ireland lost, the band played, people danced and Guinness was poured non-stop.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Goooooooo Brazil. The best hope for the South Americans. It is nuts down here, and the commercials are too funny.

My favourite match was N.Ireland v Spain in 1982 when we won 1-0 with a Gerry Armstrong goal. Only surpassed by N.I beating England 1-0 last September in Belfast
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post
    My favourite world cup was 1990 with Lineker and Gascoigne et al.My favourite match was Ireland vs Italy. I was in a pub in Stockwell, London with a huge bunch of Irish people - tvs everywhere and a live Irish band afterward. It was fabulous - Ireland lost, the band played, people danced and Guinness was poured non-stop.
    I couldn't agree with you more about a favorite World Cup. I lived in Northern Ireland at the time and have fond memories of all the madness.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    When I watched Trinidad-Tobago hold off Sweden, I thought T-TOW! Now I know a true application for TAR's Hippies' power word. T-T better cosset the goalie, though...and then there is the history of Sweden never winning a first match ...but, this is the underdog story of the world cup.

Hup Holland Hup! Go Netherlands!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post
    I'm watching on my own cos my American husband doesn't get the excitement I have. It's the WORLD CUP!! How fantastic is that??
    I love it! My American husband and I got up early this weekend, had our breakfast in bed and watched the games. It was great! Too bad work's going to get in the way of watching the broadcasts live...

Dang, USA just got walloped 3-0 by the Czech..Harsh on them since they did have a majority of the possession..Getting ready for the Italy and Ghana game and I'm going with a 1-1 draw..
    Last edited by Nikki_Brandon; 06-12-2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon View Post
    Dang, USA just got walloped 3-0 by the Czech..Harsh on them since they did have a majority of the possession..Getting ready for the Italy and Ghana game and I'm going with a 1-1 draw..
    I watched the game and highly enjoyed it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Italy beat Ghana 2-0...woohoo!! Viva Italia

+ Reply to Thread