+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

I feel like an anomaly here in the states...I never played soccer, not really a fan of the pro game over here, but I am excited as hell for the World Cup!

I'm picking two horses in this years cup....America and Italy. And their both in the same group!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

mrdob, those are my picks as well! I always pull for Team USA and my family is full of diehard Italia fans.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Italy (and States) are in a really though group this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the change in coach made a huge difference and the problems surrounding players of the Juventus won't affect their game.

The view of the world from a FIFA fan!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

England beat Paraguay 1-0 with an own goal and they were lucky. Just watched Trinidad draw 0-0 with Sweden .Great game for the neutral!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Ugh, I thought England were terrible.
    Boring to watch and never really looked like expanding on that own goal.
    T&T on the other hand, we screamed ourselves hoarse cheering for them.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    I can't believe the lack of excitement in this country for the World Cup! I am so homesick for England right now - I'd be at a mates house...loads of us crammed in there with our beer and crisps. I can't find a pub around here that's showing it.

I'm watching on my own cos my American husband doesn't get the excitement I have. It's the WORLD CUP!! How fantastic is that??
    I'm enjoying the Argentina - Ivory Coast match...a lot more exciting than the England match, even though flippin' Argentina have scored twice. Mara-"Hand of God"-donna is in the crowd looking VERY happy. Grrrrrr...
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Brittannia, you are in NY, come up to Montreal for a weekend. You'll feel like you were back in England. Pubs, coffee bars, restaurants are filled to capacity at every game and people of all races celebrate in the streets when their team win. There are flags of every country (ok mostly Italian ) at many many doors.

FORT Fogey
    I'm hoping Brazil takes it again, 'cause there are a ton of Brazilians in part of Massachusetts and it's a hoot to see them celebrating like they did four years ago when they won it.

Pom, my husband told me an interesting tidbit yesterday. Brazil is favored to win, but in the history of the Worlk Cup, the favorite to win NEVER won. It's like the curse of the car in Survivor...

+ Reply to Thread