+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

FORT Fogey
    It sucks that Zidane, such a great player, had to end his career like this. What a shame. :nono

It is a shame. But I noticed a lot of sore losers on France's camp. A couple of players and the coach himself took off their silver medal and pocketed it after coming down from the podium. And Zidane didn't even have the decency to come back out and get his medal. It might have been from shame, but you still have to let go of your ego and show your good sportsmanship.

FORT Fogey
    actually once you get red, yopu are not allowed back in the stadium. it's a shame. zidane is just a classy player, just look at his penalty kick. just too bad

What Zidane did was just stupid, the question on everyone's lips is "What did Materazzi say?" I know I'm curious.

And thanks Lois!

FORT Fogey
    they are waiting for him to speak. He hasn't yet.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    they are waiting for him to speak. He hasn't yet.
    I read some speculation that Materazzi said something racist to him (I believe Zidane/his parents are from Algeria? Someone correct me if I've got it wrong). You know--racism sucks and unless someone can lip read, it's going to be a case of "he said/he said." But... they're all professionals who do this for a living... Suck it up and ignore the jerk and prove your point by WINNING. I have no idea if France would've won had Zidane remained in the game but it certainly couldn't have helped their morale to have the captain red carded and sent out of the game.

And you're very welcome femme fatale!

FORT Fogey
    yes, zidane is algerian of origin. and you are right, it will be a he said/he said thing. well zidane has a temper, thsi isn't the first time he does something stupid on the field. You know, when you look at it again, he could have been very serious, if the guy fainted

FORT Fogey
    Apprently they have been having small talks throughout the 2nd period.
    There is what A uk (The guardian" states)

- "Ordinanza de tirare il costume!!" (stop pulling my shirt!!)
    Déclaration à laquelle réponds Materazzi:
    - "Taciti, enculo, hai solamente cio che merite..." (shut up %^$#* you got only what you deserve...)
    - "si e cio..." (yes, that's that.)

at that moment Zidane got away from the player
    - "meritate tutti ciò, voi gli enculato di musulmani, sporchi
    terroristici" (you all only deserved that, ^&$&#* muslim , *&%^#@ terrorist)

I tried to translate how i understood it

You got the translation right Jacobson, with a little variation on the %?&)). Where did this conversation come from, though? Nobody was around to hear. Who told the newspaper? I really hope it's not what happened, as it's a very ugly thing to say and I would totally lose any respect I have for Materazzi.
    However, the ref was still right (and had no choice) to give Zidane a red card and Zidane knows it. He probably was right in losing his temper, but he should have kept it in check at that moment.

I'm curious as to where it came from also. jacobson00, do you have a link to that article?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread