+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'm pretty disappointed with the outcome... I was hoping that different teams would be in the finals. So by default, I'll be rooting for Italy. However, I'm not too worked up by it anymore...

OK People, It is very important to do this while watching the game!

- If you want ITALY to win, eat pizza, pasta, drink an Italian Red, followed by a dish of gelato....

- If you want FRANCE to win, eat croissants, froi gras, and French Fries!

- If you are not emotionally involved in either team winning, get Chinese take-out!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

LOL Miss Kitty!!

Go Italia! I am so psyched for this game. I can't wait. Our entire neighborhood is a sea of green, white and red. We are having an Italian party at my inlaws today, ordered a cake with the Italian flag on it, hundreds of green, white and red balloons etc... It will be fun, especially if Italy wins.
    The streets will be crazy here if they do. Go Italy!!! *sends Italian order to Miss Kitty*

I'm cheering for Italy since if they win I'll win our betting pool at work. If France wins, I'll com in second. Since I'd rather win; Go Italy!!

Shootout!! Coming up in 15 minutes, probably

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I'm cheering for Italy since if they win I'll win our betting pool at work. If France wins, I'll com in second. Since I'd rather win; Go Italy!!
    You've won your pool! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    LOL Miss Kitty!!...It will be fun, especially if Italy wins. The streets will be crazy here if they do. Go Italy!!! *sends Italian order to Miss Kitty*
    Yes! Thank you EvaLaruefan! Please passe mia the lasagnia s'il vous plait ! (notice the French language bringing up the rear of that request)

ITALY WINS WORLD CUP
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What a game it was! I knew it was going to be close, but this was not for the faint of heart. A little bit of ugly playing on Zidane's part, which is sad because it's his last tournament and he played for Italian teams for a long time. I really feel his expulsion was a big downer for the French players.

Montreal is buzzing and honking. Streets are closed, people are partying and the electricity is high. I love it.

Speaking of electricity, I heard on the radio that some bars in Little Italy had no power for 45 minutes, starting during the first half. Talk about bad timing!

It is nuts here DesertRose!!! Woohoo!!!! Gotta love it. Horns are still honking and thousands of people are on the streets with their flags, shirts etc...., so exciting.

It was a nerve racking game but extremely pleased with the outcome!

Zidane was a big loser! That was the most idiotic thing for him to do, great to see him get a red card, very classless on his part. Oh well.....Viva Italia!!!!!

Although I was a bit surprised to see him lose his composure, I can't stand Zidane and was glad to see him get a red card. He should be ashamed for letting down his team.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread