+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2006 NBA Playoffs

2006 NBA Playoffs

Is anyone else watching? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

As a basketball fan, this is the part of the season I look forward to the most. I just hate that the playoffs go on forever. What I don't get is why the first round is best of seven and stretches over 2 1/2 weeks. I just wish it would go back to best of five....There are some intriguing first round match-ups but I don't expect to see a lot of upsets.

You can tell from my avatar who I'm rooting for. I would love to see a repeat of last year's finals.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Is anyone else watching? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

As a basketball fan, this is the part of the season I look forward to the most. I just hate that the playoffs go on forever. What I don't get is why the first round is best of seven and stretches over 2 1/2 weeks. I just wish it would go back to best of five....There are some intriguing first round match-ups but I don't expect to see a lot of upsets.

You can tell from my avatar who I'm rooting for. I would love to see a repeat of last year's finals.
    OMG! You're gonna love this Britty! I am a huge San Antonio Spurs fan! I have been a fan of theirs ever since Duncan first started with this team. My sister was fortunate enough to visit the Spurs training camp last October in St.Thomas USVI and she saw all the players. Speaking of Bball, I can't believe they lost last night by 1 point, 1 POINT! Dammit! But anway, I know they can pull through a victory over the Kings.

Check out these pics that my sis took last year:

One of them is with Eva Longoria...you know her. BTW, who is your fav SPURS Player?

Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Oh and I LOVE your AVATAR!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

Leogirl thanks for posting those pics. Glad to hear that a Fellow FORTer is a Spurs fan.

I've been a fan of the Spurs since the Admiral days and I fell further in love with them when Tim Duncan was drafted. I lurved Timmy when he was at Wake Forest. He was my favorite college basketball player and now my favorite NBA player. Btw, I'm not from San Antonio, nor do I live anywhere nearby. I have managed to see the Spurs when they've taken road trips to the East Coast, specifically NY, NJ, Philly and Washington, DC. It's always a thrill to see them play. I also order NBA League Pass through Directv eash year so that I can watch all of their games.

You can only imagine the sense of uneasiness I have now that they're tied 2-2 with the Kings. That game was painful to watch last night. They were outplayed in all aspects of the game. I've got my fingers crossed that they can rebound and get a win tomorrow night and again on Thursday night. I don't want this series going 7 games.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

I'm a Spurs fan but right now all I'm watching is Miami Heat playoff games...You gotta love Shaq!

Britty, I also have my fingers crossed for tonight. They've gotta win it!

Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    I'm a Spurs fan but right now all I'm watching is Miami Heat playoff games...You gotta love Shaq!
    Dahoney, a very old dear friend of mine loves Shaq. He calls Shaq his "little bro". This guy luvs Shaq and Dwayne Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    Surely you could watch the Spurs too. No?

Glad to hear that there are tons of Spurs fans on FORT

I've been supporting them ever since their truimph over the Knicks...Well practically the time when i first started watching the NBA...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

three=tons?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast