+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2006 NBA Playoffs

As a Heat fan, I'm glad to know Stackhouse won't be playing because boy is he dangerous off the bench! Honestly however, it really isn't fair and the ruling of a flagrant 1 should have stuck. It was stupid to call a 2 after the fact. I suppose the league is trying to be "fair" but I feel in a way it is a disadvantage to both teams. I spoke to a couple Mavs fans that say if Miami wins Sunday, that victory will be somewhat "tainted"...

I don't really know but I am worried that his suspension will be a rallying point for the Mavs and they will play great because they are angry.

At least it's tied now so it makes for a more interesting series.

Miami 101
    Dallas 100

Needless to say, I'm really disappointed in my guys, especially Josh Howard's big goof with 1.9 seconds left the game.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    That sucks lildago. When I last looked, the Mavs were ahead. I hope they can cowboy up and kick butt when they get back to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    I don't really know but I am worried that his suspension will be a rallying point for the Mavs and they will play great because they are angry.

At least it's tied now so it makes for a more interesting series.
    They were angry!! Did you catch the clip of Dirk throwing a little hissy fit on the way back to dressing room after the came? He was pretty p!$$ed!!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Miami 101
    Dallas 100

Needless to say, I'm really disappointed in my guys, especially Josh Howard's big goof with 1.9 seconds left the game.

Can someone explain to me what really happened with that timeout call??
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon View Post
    Can someone explain to me what really happened with that timeout call??
    Hopefully I can sum it up for you and be accurate about it...It was only a couple of days ago but it was pretty late so it is a little fuzzy in my mind now, lol. Anyway, when Wade was fouled and in between his two free throws, Howard called the timeout. Johnson and Howard argued that his intention was asking for the timeout to be after the second free throw. The officials had to grant the timeout because technically it had been called. It would have been interesting to see the game if the timeout had been called after the free throws, with the ball advanced down the court.

There has certainly been enough drama in this year's finals!

Miami 95
    Dallas 92

Congrats to all of you Heat fans!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thanks Lildago!! It was a great series...

Thanks Lildago!

You shouldn't feel too badly! I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs make another Finals appearance next year...young players, young coach...they are a very talented team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567