+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Cheater!
    Obviously, by my teams performance, I have not been getting any help.

I need to get things in order and make some more moves. The season is not starting well for apple.

I decided to try something novel. Like actually looking at my team. I'm so glad I can make you all feel better about your teams.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Question for the veterans: when adding a player, I notice that there are a couple of players on my roster that are not able to be dropped...there is a red and white icon that looks like a "do Not Enter" street sign where the checkbox to drop would be next to their name. Not that I would want to drop these players--Derrek Lee and Soriano for me--but I was just curious as to why they can't be dropped. First round picks or something like that?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Sorry to double post...but I figured it out. It turns out that there is a "no cut list" set by Yahoo. This list consists of the top players as determined by some Yahoo formula, and it prevents managers from letting their best players go...or something like that.

That's right, it's meant to prevent really heinously bad trades, I guess, by teams who might be collaborating or in the case of a manager taking advantage of someone who knows a lot less than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    Damn Manny!! Your team is kicking ass right now! You lead in nearly every category.

I suck
    Oh, no need to fear. I will be dropping right on down. This early on, there will be a lot of movement with all the teams. No need to panic, though. All of the players will have their ups and downs. It's just really bad when they all decide to do it at the same time--as mine are right now. You might want to bench a slumping player before you trade him, though, just to see if a downward trend is going to continue or if it's just a temporary slump (since you have to have some players benched on your line-up anyway).

I just wanted to let y'all know that I am finding this really interesting. I have never done a fantasy league before, but I know a lot of people who are really into it--moreso for football. I have always kinda paid attention to my friends who were in fantasy leagues, but never thought that I would ever participate. But I am really enjoying it now. I'm glad that my first foray into fantasy sports is with such a cool and easy going group of people!

Well, you're currently in first place, too, so no more help for you!

Man, I suck.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I've got troubles.

So I caved in and bought stattracker. I just can't resist the thrill of having live action baseball on my computer while I'm making dinner.

+ Reply to Thread