+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball

I would just like to state that I went and looked at our league and my players and all that stuff...it is ALL greek to me!! I have not a clue as to what everything is, how you pick up players, determine how well I am doing(other than the standings...that I get! ) etc, etc.

Anyway, I plan to kick all y'all's butts!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

JR.
    Don't worry Mr. D, I don't think I'll ever figure out how rotisserie scoring works. But, that's not important

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    As per a suggestion made by Manny, I switched some of the roster settings around a little bit. Early on, I just kept the default settings, not changing anything at all. Now I've made it so that we have MI and CI positions, and fewer bench players. If I'd changed it before the draft, I would have made it so that there were more rounds of drafting, but since it didn't come up until today, I just changed the bench things, so that nobody has any sort of advantage by virtue of seeing this first or whatever. I hope you all think that's fair.
    I was wondering why I had a few empty spots. I'll need to tweek a few things. Overall I'm happy with my "slammers". I need to make a couple of adjustments but nothing major.

I just have to say officially that I don't know what the hell I'm doing! Maybe I should go reread the rules.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

So, apple screwed up. I left a message on the fantasy site. I tried to change it all back but the system wouldn't let me. Sorry. I'm not sure what to do. I would be happy to send you each a dozen of your favorite cookies or treats...

Hmm. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want to be the commissioner, in that I'd really rather we do a by-committee league, if that makes any sense. I just wanted to get it set up.

The thing is, I personally don't care. I'm not at all upset, apple, and I know you weren't at all intentionally doing anything wrong. I wasn't going to make any big changes at this point anyway, so I don't feel screwed.

But I'm sure other people will have opinions, so I'll wait for them to weigh in.

The only thing I'd say, though, before anyone DOES weigh in, is this: seriously, it's a tiny league. There is SO much talent out there still, all over the place. We should really keep that in mind.

I just looked at the Yahoo league page a few minutes ago and saw Quinn's original request about waiting for some time to draft after the initial draft was completed. I dropped and added a player (and not some premium player that everyone was dying to get their hands on) without having seen that. I was rushing off to make my flight to get back to school and made that change while I had the chance--believing everyone would be tweaking their lineup (as always happens right after the draft). Obviously, I don't think Applesauce was trying to "pull something over" on anyone, nor was I. There was no mention of that delayed drafting detail in the Fort baseball thread.

In the future, if there is something important like this, can we get a consensus in this thread rather than on the Yahoo league page? It's just not a place I look at that often. I look at my line-up page, and that's about it.

I agree with Amanda. Last year there were 12 teams; this year there are 9. Everyone has premium players galore on their team, and there are still plenty of great players left for those that feel the need to switch out and trade with other teams.

I also like the idea of consensus among us, with Amanda having the deciding vote, if necessary. I hope this stuff doesn't cause any bad feelings within the group, as I think most of us play just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    I just looked at the Yahoo league page a few minutes ago and saw Quinn's original request about waiting for some time to draft after the initial draft was completed. I dropped and added a player (and not some premium player that everyone was dying to get their hands on) without having seen that. I was rushing off to make my flight to get back to school and made that change while I had the chance--believing everyone would be tweaking their lineup (as always happens right after the draft). Obviously, I don't think Applesauce was trying to "pull something over" on anyone, nor was I. There was no mention of that delayed drafting detail in the Fort baseball thread.

In the future, if there is something important like this, can we get a consensus in this thread rather than on the Yahoo league page? It's just not a place I look at that often. I look at my line-up page, and that's about it.

I agree with Amanda. Last year there were 12 teams; this year there are 9. Everyone has premium players galore on their team, and there are still plenty of great players left for those that feel the need to switch out and trade with other teams.

I also like the idea of consensus among us, with Amanda having the deciding vote, if necessary. I hope this stuff doesn't cause any bad feelings within the group, as I think most of us play just for the fun of it.
    Darn you applesauce and manny I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

Oh, I don't care it's the beginning of the season and most of our guys are going to end up on the DL anyway.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Oh, I don't care it's the beginning of the season and most of our guys are going to end up on the DL anyway.
    My thoughts exactly.

I also agree with Manny that if we want to make changes along the way, it should come up here instead of the Yahoo page.

Nothing bothers me. Since I have no clue what's really going on, y'all could trade me some players at the bottom of the rankings and I wouldn't know the difference. Well, other than Derrick Lee. He's the man.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread