+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball

I didn't, but at least I finally checked my team and saw that I have like a hundred guys on the DL. So, now they're on the bench. Way to manage, Amanda!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    ^^^ i thought you were just pacing yourself
    my hitters are just now recovering from their early season DL woes... if i can get my boys to run a little bit and get into the middle of the pack in the SB category- i'll be very happy...

changing my name to Quinn's Executioners! on pace for a gajillion transactions- but i'm being victimized by murphy's Law of fantasy baseball (the minute you pick up a hot replacement, he's going to go into the crapper). as such, as CEO of the Executioners- my boys have 2 weeks to perform or they are axed.

btw- how many different people have been in first place in the past week?? i went from 5th to 1st to 5th back to 2nd all in one week!

Sorry. I've been trying to restrain myself.

JR.
    So, I was right, wasn't I apple?

OK, so I've consulted mr.apple on a few moves...

I will say, I'm faring much better than he is this season. He's been in the bottom third of his league since day one. This may be his first year out of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo View Post

btw- how many different people have been in first place in the past week?? i went from 5th to 1st to 5th back to 2nd all in one week!

I think it's hilarious that I can gain a mere 1.5 points and move up 2 spaces in the standings!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

pujols out up to 6 weeks... i am sooooo- umm, screwed!!

great timing- just as i was looking over apple's shoulder!

On one hand, I am bummed that Pujols is out...he was really having a great season, and he is just a great solid player. Plus the fact that, with all of the juicing allegations and what not going on, he seems to be having this great season without the juice. On the other hand, as a lifelong Cubs fan/Cards hater, it gives me joy. Not that someone is injured, but that the playing field is leveled.

I'm interested in hearing people's opinions...do you think he has been juicing? Does this type of injury suggest some kind of steroid that perhaps MLB is not testing for yet? (Human Growth Hormone maybe? ) I watched that game yestereday, and all of the announcers kept saying they have never heard the word "Pop" used to describe an injury of this type(oblique muscle tear). I couldn't help but wonder if there is anything fishy going on. I hope not, for the integrity of the game.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

mrdob, I was wondering the same thing... Another baseball mystery and we may never know the truth.

Unfortunately, every season I will wonder if the leading hitter is taking something. It's been tainted for me.

+ Reply to Thread