+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: March Madness

If they don't Unk then Amanda's choice of Gonzaga to win it all will be way better then the 2/3 of us who have Uconn.

It's not looking too good for UConn or Mich St. at this point. Their opponents are taking it to them. My brackets are going to take a serious hurting tonight if both teams are upset. *sends up a prayer & crosses fingers for UConn and Mich. St.*
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

UConn really isn't looking very good.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    I'll make a $1000 bet that UNC and MSU play in the 2nd round :p
    I shoulda taken that action!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I should have taken George Mason seeing as how I'm a direct descendent of his.

UConn managed to pull it together in the end. Too bad the Spartans couldn't.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

What is going on with all of my picks tonight? Kansas is down by 10 and Texas has got me biting my nails!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Cal let me down tonight, but so far the Pac 10 is 3-1. Not too shabby. And, lildago, this is bizarre. Kansas, Kentucky and Texas are all down at the half. UNC is struggling against Murray St? I thought it was Friday the 17th not Friday the 13th.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I thought it was Friday the 17th not Friday the 13th.
    Tell me about it. Tonight has been crazy and unpredictable. These lower seeds really have nothing to lose. The longer the top seeds allow them to hang in the games, the more it builds their confidence.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    9 times out of 10 I always go for the underdogs....Its always a feel good story when they do win and I always feel like they go into the games really wanting to win because no one expects them to win....I play March Madness just so I can have bragging rights for a year with some friends on some poor underdog team that wins somewhere they weren't expected to win...Hence me picking George Mason ( won), Northwestern ( won).

I'm also one of "those" women who pick alot of teams by the Mascots, especially the odd named ones....Go Wichita Shockers, Northwestern Demons and Murray State Racers (sorry to see the Albany Great Danes lost).

I liked the odd named teams: Gonzaga, Marquette, Bucknell, Xavier (Creighton-who should have been in it!)....I have Gonzaga winning it all...I think I've continually picked them the last several times!!

There is no method to my "madness"....if for no other reason to aggravate the ones I play against in our little pool!!! Its only a $5 bet so I try to milk it for all its worth!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread