+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Damn! Somewhere between the end of regulation and the start of OT, I fell asleep. I sure thought Washington was going to take that one!

Mariner, my husband commented several times throughout the game that the officiating sucked. I recall the announcer even saying that the officials didn't have control of the game.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

If you missed OT, then you missed the officials not calling goaltending on an obvious goaltend and not calling a foul on UConn and instead calling an offensive foul on Washington on a scramble for a rebound. The Washington guy had the inside position and his hands were up to grab the ball so I'm not sure how he committed the foul. Bottomline is that in a game where both teams were playing pretty hard one team shouldn't have five guys foul out while the other has none. Guess, I'm not quite better yet.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Well, Mar, it was pretty upsetting. I knew it was over and UCONN would win when it went into OT. When the uncalled goaltending occured, one of the announcers kept screaming "that's the right call...that's the right call" but then took it back upon watching the replay.

I couldn't hear any of the "east coast bias" chants, but they are right on. I couldn't believe the foul situation for UW...and I missed the whole double technical foul call. For Brandon Roy to play that many minutes with 4 fouls and still be a defensive factor is remarkable.

I feel for you. I really wanted UW to pull that upset and showcase Brandon Roy's talents. The announcers did say one thing that caught my ear...that they can't believe that Roy wasn't even on anyone's radar for player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Best come back for this entire tournament:

The winner is... UCONN!
    You missed the UCLA/Gonzaga game, then. UCLA's comeback from 17 down didn't depend on bad officiating...but I guess when both teams are from the west, there can be no east coast bias.
    Last edited by mrdobolina; 03-25-2006 at 01:31 PM.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well, I'll be rooting for UCLA all the way now. Got to stick with my West Coast guys. The other outrageous call in overtime was Justin Dentmon getting called for his fifth foul when Marcus Williams tripped over his own feet. The official who called it was off to the side and his view was blocked by Dentmon. He decided that Williams couldn't possibly have fallen to the floor without Dentmon's assistance. And, mrd's right, UCLA didn't have a lead until the very, very end and had to scrap back. It was a great win.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    You missed the UCLA/Gonzaga game, then. UCLA's comeback from 17 down didn't depend on bad officiating...but I guess when both teams are from the west, there can be no east coast bias.
    I did miss this game... I'll have to watch the replay somewhere online. Probably CBS's March Madness.

FORT Newbie
    LSU and Texas are going to OT!

FORT Newbie
    In OT LSU 70 / Texas 60! Good for LSU and the SEC. LSU Tigers are in the final four!!!!

I figure I may as well root for LSU now. They've knocked out both of my teams, Duke and Texas, so they've earned it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I figure I may as well root for LSU now. They've knocked out both of my teams, Duke and Texas, so they've earned it!
    Whatever you do, don't root for UConn.

I'm rooting for UConn!!!!

It's too bad such a great Cinderella team like George Mason is gonna have to end after tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread