+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2006 Season

MLB 2006 Season

Spring training games have begun!

So as I sit here and listen to the first Cactus League game of my ancient yet beloved Giants, it's time to hear your predictions, thoughts on the World Baseball Classic, etc.

I'm excited too Sleepy. I haven't had enough time to read up on the World Baseball Classic to know who has the best chance yet. I'd love to be able to find the time to go to San Diego for the finals. The M's look like a .500 team this year. We'll see.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

A diehard Atlanta Braves fan here who's happy the MLB season is starting. I was looking forward to the World Baseball Classic last Fall, but now not so much, especially since most of the marquis players have withdrawn for various reasons.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

My husband has his 2006 baseball books out to do his statistcs. My sign that Spring is near.

Sounds like my hubby, apple! Good thing I'm a fan of baseball and can cheer and curse right alongside him. Otherwise, I wouldn't see him until after October!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    ahhh spring is in the air... when every team still has a theoretical (albeit unrealistic) chance of winning the world series...

i love spring training... 80 degrees and sunny, players running laps across the warning track, the $4 bleacher seats.... oh wait the Royals no longer play at Boardwalk and Baseball!! and the Braves charge $25 to watch a split squad of nobodies take some hacks...

getting my obligatory 2 games in this weekend (my) phillies v the astros on sat, and the cards v the braves at disney on sun...

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    My husband has his 2006 baseball books out to do his statistcs. My sign that Spring is near.
    Yep. That sounds like mr. sleepy- his copy of Baseball Prospectus 2006 is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo View Post
    Yep. That sounds like mr. sleepy- his copy of Baseball Prospectus 2006 is on its way.

Yeah. We pre-ordered ours on Amazon and it came last week. I tell ya, mr.apple was on pins and needles waiting for it to get here. I've been with him for nearly 14 years now and it's the same routine every year with his statistics books, his brother and their fantasy league.

lildago, I enjoy baseball as well. Lucky for my husband.

Yay, the season has started!

Boo, the Giants lost and the Yankees are killing the A's. And there were some crazy scores today.

Oh well, there are 161 games left.

My prediction is that this is the year for the Cubs! They will go all the way and win the World Series.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast