+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics Torino 2006

I can't believe Canada lost to Switzerland in men's hockey! What happened!? . Our women's team lost as well . Sad. Very Sad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Our women's team lost as well . Sad. Very Sad.[/QUOTE]

What womans team? Not hockey!

After their wake up call yesterday, Team Canada will come out blasting today! No way they will lose.

Tomorrow the womans team will win gold!

side note to earlier postings:
    I too am extremly dissapointed in the Canadian atheletes who are so proud to come in 10th or 20th. "....Ya, I was really hopeing to make it into the top 10 and I did!" WTF??????? As long as my hard earned tax dollars are supporting your Olympic dream, you damn well better try better than that!

.......time for morning coffee..........

Quote Originally Posted by singing w/ Clay View Post
    Our women's team lost as well . Sad. Very Sad.
    I think this refers to our curling team that got beat by Japan

They did come back this morning tho and beat Italy this morning.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i'm not sure why i need to watch every curling match??
    another USA choke job- with the women blowing a 2 up lead in the last end- giving up 3 to lose to the Swiss... in baseball terms thats like giving up 9 runs in the 9th to lose.

USA mens hockey now- must win against the Swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by singing w/ Clay View Post
    I too am extremly dissapointed in the Canadian atheletes who are so proud to come in 10th or 20th. "....Ya, I was really hopeing to make it into the top 10 and I did!" WTF??????? As long as my hard earned tax dollars are supporting your Olympic dream, you damn well better try better than that!

.......time for morning coffee..........
    Seriously? Wow, that's pretty harsh.

First off all, there aren't exactly a LOT of tax dollars going to these athletes and most of them have to depend on any sort of sponsorship or sponsorship programs like Visa & RBC to help them out. For the most part, most of the money goes to the athletes that have a good chance at medaling, not the developing athletes.

Making the top 10 is a HUGE accomplishment. It means that in the world, they are considered one of the ten best in their field. Some of these athletes are very young and have at least 2 Olympiscs ahead of themselves. There is enough pressure on them, most of them KIDS, that they don't need to feel like a failure or a disappointment to their entire country if they don't medal. They should be proud. We should be proud.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo View Post
    USA mens hockey now- must win against the Swedes.
    I beg to differ, us Swedes must beat the Americans

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I beg to differ, us Swedes must beat the Americans
    I know this sounds uber-girly, but the Swedish uniforms are delightful. I've always loved the blue/yellow combo of the flag. Adore Sweden.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Does anyone know how the USA medal count is doing in regards to what was predicted, not what we actually have? Currently, we have 13 medals and I can't tell if that's below/average/or above average from past Olympics.

Thanks, fellow researchers! And congratulations to our fellow Swedes with a 16 medal count! Does having a Swedish Grandfather qualify me for dual-medal admiring citizenship?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Thanks, fellow researchers! And congratulations to our fellow Swedes with a 16 medal count! Does having a Swedish Grandfather qualify me for dual-medal admiring citizenship?
    I think you have us confused with Norway, Sweden, so far, has taken 2 Gold, 1 silver and 3 bronzes (and one gold or silver in hockey, women's team). You're welcome to join us anyway Lambinkins!

Beerbelly, thanks for the compliment! The uniforms they're playing in today is the "second" uniform, the original is inverted in the colours, mostly yellow but with some blue.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I think you have us confused with Norway, Sweden, so far, has taken 2 Gold, 1 silver and 3 bronzes (and one gold or silver in hockey, women's team). You're welcome to join us anyway Lambinkins!
    D'oh! I was merely looking at the flag and thought "Oooo, Sweden!" I'll bring the lefse and lingonberries, you can bring the Absolut! Now let me hitch up my huskies and I should be there by.....2007?!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread