+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics Torino 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Anyhow, i was watching the women snowboarding tonight or whatever it is they call it, I feel horrible for the girl who took the tumble.
    I think Bob Costas said that they wouldn't remember that Tanja(Switzerland) won the gold but they'd remember that the Lindsey (US) lost.
    What's-her-name wanted to make her mark by showboating. I'd say she definitely achieved her goal, although it wasn't in the way she had in mind. She is a foolish child.

As for Costas' assessment, be honest--who really remembers who wins Olympic events, especially when the winner is from another country?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I think Bob Costas said that they wouldn't remember that Tanja(Switzerland) won the gold but they'd remember that the Lindsey (US) lost.
    i totally agree with that- this time next year no one will remember who won (Frieden) they will only remember that Lindesy wiped out showboating right in front of the finish line.

Costas had trouble finding comparisons in sports of similar choke jobs- calling it the BIGGEST guffaw in all of sports. The only other instance i can think of is the Van DeVelde meltdown (blew a 3 stroke lead on the final hole) at Carnoustie (British Open) a few years ago.

though she is only 20, as Lindsey mentioned in the interview- there is so much competion just to make the USA team that there is no guarantees that she will even make the US team in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo View Post
    i totally agree with that- this time next year no one will remember who won (Frieden) they will only remember that Lindesy wiped out showboating right in front of the finish line.
    However one year from now Frieden will have an Olympic gold medal and Lindsey'll have "just" a silver.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    However one year from now Frieden will have an Olympic gold medal and Lindsey'll have "just" a silver.
    that and $1 might get you a cup of coffee...

Hockey- Canada down 2-0 to Switzerland after 2... very tight officiating by the Russian ref keeping the Swiss in it- or rather Canada out of it. Begs to question if they wear skirts in the Russian hockey league??

I don't believe this!

Still 2-0 halfway through the third, Lecavalier just took a penalty...now he's out of the game!

Guess I shouldnt've laughed at the Americans and Czechs.

Ugh! A terrible call on Pronger who was searching for a rebound....>_>;
    Last edited by Rusicade; 02-18-2006 at 12:55 PM.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo View Post
    ... very tight officiating by the Russian ref keeping the Swiss in it- or rather Canada out of it. Begs to question if they wear skirts in the Russian hockey league??
    Well, at least the calls are going both ways. This is a mens game, and the men are allowed to hit, right?

Canada is doing great! We're cleaning up in skeleton luge (talk about a dangerous/dumb? sport)

And HOCKEY! I do hope we do well, not only for the players, but for the sport and it's somewhat tarnished reputationt these days. Gosh, it's hard being a spectator. My tv doesn't like me yelling at it!

Go Canucks GO!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

USA wins another GOLD - in speedskating!
    Total medals for USA = 12

GO NORWAY!! They lead the overall medal count with 16!

I'm loving the Olympics but CBC is concentrating too much on hockey. I don't need to see 2 full games in one day.

Glad to see Canada moving up in the medal counts, take that snarky media who were complaining about how badly we were doing.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

As for Costas' assessment, be honest--who really remembers who wins Olympic events, especially when the winner is from another country?
    Well I do...if the other country happens to England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread