+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics Torino 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    You can see curling (and all the other sports) in the U.S. You just have to know where to look. NBC's sister networks cover what you don't see on the main NBC channel.

Women's curling was on USA channel this morning. I have seen cross-country skiing and biathlon events on CNBC and/or MSNBC.

Among these four networks, you can pretty much see most of what you want.

Hope this helps people find the coverage they are looking for.
    Yes...but they happen to show them when I am at work. I have been catching that on the weekends. It is also quite Ameriican centric which bugs me. I guess I have to put up with that though.

Johnny Weir -- ugh I did not like that bio piece.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 02-15-2006 at 12:30 AM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I dunno, JLuvs, I'm not the biggest Johnny Weir fan, but I always admire people who are who they are. I like that he isn't afraid to be himself, regardless of whether it's popular or not. I'm not crazy about the lax work ethic, but as far as the personality stuff, I say more power to him.

That being said: can we get another hot, butch, talented male figure skater please? The amateur ranks are pretty sparse ever since Yagudin retired.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The guy that is skating right now reminds me of Justin Timberlake

Pity he isn't that great a skater, Kevin Vandefer.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I forgot the skating was on tonight.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Stupid hairdo or no, Plyshenko was incredible tonight!

(But Stephane Lambiel is the one I'd rather look at!)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Anyone looks butch next to Johnny Weir, including half of the female skaters, but that 'do Plushenko sports is too much.
    Earlier today I decided that Johnny Weir reminds me of Jaye Davidson (if I got that name right) from "The Crying Game" and "Stargate" (the movie version) where he was the sun god "Ra".
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Dear God,
    Please let Evgeni Plushenko win the gold medal this time so he can retire and I don't have to look at that stupid Prince Valiant haircut anymore. Please?
    and here I thought he actually looked better tonight since he's apparently had a trim on the hair. No denying it though, stupid haircut and all, he's just incredible when it comes to skating.

I was sad to see Matt Savoie fall out of his lutz cause there's something about him that really makes me want to root for him....possibly that he is a more simplistic skater that doesn't do all the costumey crap, almost like he's taking things back to yesteryear.

Another medal for Sweden . Anja Pärson took the bronze in the downhill ski race despite almost falling.

MRD
    I. AM. SO. FREAKING. SICK. OF. THE. BODE. MILLER. COVERAGE.

You'd think he was the only athelete at the games. It's Bode this and Bode that and what do you think about that run Bode? And was the snow fast or slow? Why did you choose those skis? Why were you out late last night partying and miss the final practice run?

And here's Bode bowling with Matt Laurer on the Today show (so what!) and Bode stays in his own motor home and travels with 30 pairs of skis.

And on and on and on and on and on. I swear I am sick of it. There are so many talented and qualified atheletes that are not getting ANY tv time because of all this stupid Bode love.

I mean, the guy is good and he is cute and he is controversial and all that makes for good tv, but enough is enough.

Thank GOD for Joey Cheek! is all I can say and what a wonderful, selfless thing he did donating that money! I'd rather hear more about him.

So NBC, cut out the Bode footage and show us some of the other atheletes, I'm sure there are a few that are interesting.

(I did like him at first, but my god, we've been inundated with his face and his name and I'm now about as over him as I am Tom Cruise) Why do the media get on something and refuse to let it go, its like a dog with a bone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I. AM. SO. FREAKING. SICK. OF. THE. BODE. MILLER. COVERAGE.
    I'm sick of Bode Miller, period. Totallly without class. He claims that he's just being honest, but when you accuse other athletes of using drugs (and you have NO way of knowing if it's true, especially with Lance Armstrong), it's just tacky. He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. The night before the first race he blew, he was out drinking until midnight. What a loser. Not at all a person any kids should want to emulate.

Give me Joey Cheek any day! He's a hard worker and a good person. A lot of people would give lip service to the whole charity thing, but donating your gold medal bonus is WAY more than lip service.

I was rooting for Matt Savoie too, libs! I loved that comment from, I think, Sandra Bezic about his costume and how it was nice to see one that wasn't over the top like so many of them are in men's figure skating! I also liked when she called someone's choreography "trite" She would know
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread