+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2005-2006

This was quite the day with all three remaining undefeated Division I teams losing. Besides, the UW Huskies won.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I don't know if anyone saw highlights of the Illinois loss last night, but it was frustrating as hell...especially for a fan. Penn State hung tight at Illinois, and their only lead of the game was the final score. The Illini had one last chance to win the game, inbounded the ball, Dee Brown found McBride for a three--which he drained--but the shot got off a fraction of a second late, and was disallowed.

33 game home win streak down the tubes.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Woot! 'Nova comes up big and Connecticut goes down. Bring on the tournament!
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Anybody watching the Duke game? J.J. Reddick is only 10 points away from becoming Duke's all-time leading scorer.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Penn State is having one of their weirdest and best(?) years in recent history! Big news for a decade's long struggle. Only two NCAA tournament invitations in '96 and '01 (Sweet 16). Only two NIT invitations in '98(2nd place) and '00(3rd Place). So, here's hoping for at least one more win, which would give us an NIT berth!

Who's ready for championship week? It has already kind of started in some of the lesser known conferences.

*It's the most wonderful time...of the year!*
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Man..... upset Wednesday! Duke falls, Texas falls, Ohio State nearly falls.... what a fun night.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Aargh. Fox Sports just went out with 9 seconds remaining in the Washington/Arizona game, Washington leading by two, and Justin Dentmon, the Huskies' freshman point guard shooting a free throw.

ETA: Well apparently he made it and Arizona couldn't hit a three. Washington 70 Arizona 67. It's remarkable because the Huskies didn't have the lead until there was less than a minute left and trailed by 12 at one point.
    Last edited by Mariner; 03-04-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Duke looked pretty dreadful last night. Considering that it was senior night at Cameron Indoor Stadium and that Duke had lost their previous game I am suprised that they let this game get away from him. Obviously Duke is not a deep team and the heavy minutes that Williams and especially Reddick have had to log have taken their toll. This does not bode well for the tournament.
    It is amazing how North Carolina has managed to rebound from losing so many players from last year.
    From what I have seen there is Connecticut and then there is everyone else. Connecticut seems too deep and strong to be beaten. But then I thought that there was no way that anyone could beat Illinois in the tournament last year.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

I agree with Duke looking like they could be in trouble. They just looked flat out tired. I also think Connecticut has looked darn good, but they almost got upset yesterday too. I really don't think any team is head and shoulders above the others. There are about 15 teams that could end up winning the tournament. It should be a fun year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast