+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2005-2006

Duke did look good, but it's too bad for Texas that they didn't have Billy Packer coaching them. Listening to him, it was Texas' fault that they didn't win by 30.
    Even CBS gave up on the Kentucky game (I assume that they had no alternate game during Duke/Texas). So CBS has shown Kentucky 2 weeks in a row and they lost both times. They still have them scheduled for next week. If they are trying to convince us that Kentucky is going to be national champion, it isn't working.

Wooo! Depaul upsets Wake Forest at Wake! Great game, and a great win for the lower Mid Major Blue Demons!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    Even CBS gave up on the Kentucky game (I assume that they had no alternate game during Duke/Texas). So CBS has shown Kentucky 2 weeks in a row and they lost both times. They still have them scheduled for next week. If they are trying to convince us that Kentucky is going to be national champion, it isn't working.
    As a big Kentucky fan, I sadly have to agree - I am not feeling a championship coming out of the team this year.

So glad I have the Huskies (UW) to pull for this year - go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina View Post
    Wooo! Depaul upsets Wake Forest at Wake! Great game, and a great win for the lower Mid Major Blue Demons!
    And then they go and lose to Old Dominion by 44 pts! Talk about manic!

Couple of good games tonight. St Johns at Duke-Watch another manic team, The Red Storm, likely get stomped by another Duke powerhouse team.

The game I'll be watching...Illinois vs. Missouri in St. Louis-It's the Braggin' Rights game. Illinois has been dominant the past several years. This game will either expose the Illini, or prove to be a good warmup for the Big 10 season.

Arkansas at Texas Tech. Meh. Watch only for the chance that Bob Knight might explode.

Michigan State at Wisco Green Bay. UWGB is usually a team that big timers under estimate. I don't think they have much fight in them this year though.

I'm really looking forward to going to the UW/Arizona game on New Year's Eve. It must be on tv because it is an 11 am local tip time.

I imagine that is at UW?! That'll be a great game...good early test for the Huskies.

Did anyone watch the Illini/Mizzou game? The Illini have this kid...Jamar Smith...he has one of the best shooting strokes I have ever seen. Freshman. He's gonna kill from the outside.

He's frightening. I was really impressed by Memphis yesterday against Gonzaga. They seem to be the real deal this year.

the Arizona game is at UW.

Pretty good game you got to see, huh Mariner??
    Too bad about the huskies loosing their home win streak, though.

It was an awesome game. In fact, I think it was the best college basketball game I've ever seen in person. It was better than going to the 1995 NCAA Final Four games. While it is sad to see the winning streak go, I think it will help the Huskies in the end to lose now. They are starting two freshmen who need the experience of playing in games like that.

No one should discount how good Arizona is either. Hassan Adams was on fire. In the second half, I think he could have made shots from the rafters. Plus, Arizona is getting a good player back in a couple of weeks. I bet they'll be ranked for the rest of the season.

#1 Duke lost (87-84) to Georgetown today. J.J. Redick tied his career high with 41 points and still, the Blue Devils only led once in the game...and that was when Redick went on an 8-0 run. Duke's never been 18-0 and although I would have liked to see it happen, it was an impressive win by Georgetown. It was their day!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast