+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: NFL 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I had forgotten to mention the offensive pass interference call.... awful. And the Hasselbeck blocking too low penalty.

But.... I also disagreed with the reversal of the Hasselbeck fumble due to "down by contact" when Foote's contact was miscellaneous and irrelevant.
    I think miscellaneous and irrelevant is enough though for it to be "down by contact" under the rule. Whether that should be the rule or not is another issue.

Loved the pre-game show. Not loving the half-time show. The game it's too bad that the officiating was so...weird. I would have been happy with either team winning, but due to the questionable calls, I found myself rooting for Seattle.

It was cool that Jerome retired in Detroit.

JR.
    I thought it was pretty bad all around, except for a few commercials. I would've liked the pregame show better if it was just Stevie, who the hell were all of those other people? Joss Stone was trying way too hard.

Didn't care for the anthem either. It didn't sound like Franklin & Neville were on the same page, they both sounded "off". If those were AI auditions, neither would be going on to Hollywood.

Aside from the horrible calls, the game was... blah. It didn't seem like a Superbowl, more like game #2 of the regular season. Neither team played very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Okay guys... this has got to be the MOST fun I've had in quite some time at work.

Many of you know that I work for GM in the Renaissance Center in Detroit. Well..... this is the place to be this week! Just wandering around downstairs is a blast, as the entire worldwide media is broadcasting on our first two floors. I get to watch ESPN in the morning (one of these days I'll stand and wave like a fool so you can see me), watch Mike and Mike do their show, etc. I've watched Barry Sanders, Jerome Bettis, and Matt Hasselbeck give interviews. I've shaken Roger Penske's and Howie Long's hand. And at noon today I'm volunteering.

This is the coolest week ever. (yes, my standards are low )

And... Mariner, you know I love you, but... GO STEELERS!!!
    I had the chance to hang out at the Ren Cen Thursday afternoon and can't believe all the great athletes I had a chance to see/meet (Cris Carter, Sean Salisbury, Braylon Edwards, Mike Utley to name a few)

Broadway - you are so lucky you got to experience that every day! I am so jealous you got the chance to touch Howie Long

On a more embarassing note - I was standing around with my male friends Thursday near the ESPN platform and all of a sudden Jessie Palmer walked by and not thinking before speaking I yelled out" Oh my God - it's the Bachelor!". Needless to say, they (and Jessie) were not impressed.

daddyzgirl... that's classic!

What time were you in the RenCen on Thursday? It got to be an absolute zoo by noon. Too bad you weren't there on Friday as I had the morning volunteer shift over near the NFL Store.
    Last edited by Broadway; 02-07-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Did anyone else hear Big Ben admit on the David Letterman Show that it wasn't a touchdown? I have to give him props for 'fessing up.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Did anyone else hear Big Ben admit on the David Letterman Show that it wasn't a touchdown? I have to give him props for 'fessing up.
    Yeah, but it's not like they can do much about it now It's just like when the league apologizes a week after the refs screw up. Thanks for nuthin'.

I have to admit I was pulling for the Seahawks- Bryce Fisher (the leader in sacks) was the love of my life's Airforce Academy roommate. He is a true leader in every way- He was raised by a single mom who made him make good grades before she would allow him to play football- and he is still in the National Gaurd Reserves, after serving his mandatory time in the Airforce. He is a true hero. I am proud of him taking his team as far as they went, even if they didn't win the prize-yet!
    Go Tigers!

I just purchased tickets to the Titans vs Cowboys game October 1 2006.
    GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678