+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2005

WOO HOO STEELERS!

I am so glad that the dry spell is finally over for the Steel City. It was 26 years worth the wait!

Much love to the Seahawks and their fans!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I disagree. It's the national anthem. I prefer a more traditional performance of it! I was really disappointed because I like Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville.
    I actually thought it sounded quite traditional. That is why I liked it as I was scared they would wreck it.

I think that some of the calls were off in this came. Some parts were such a mess.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I disagree. It's the national anthem. I prefer a more traditional performance of it! I was really disappointed because I like Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville.

However, I did like the Stones!

i agree, i thought they had the cold or something, but the music was nice

Okay, I hated the Stones. For some reason, it appeared that good OLD Mick was attempting to change the words to the songs. During "Start Me Up" I kept on wondering when "she" had started making "the boat man cry." Mick sucked.

Love the Bud Lite commercials... especially the Magic Fridge. I also liked the streaking sheep and (for some odd reason) the Sprint commercial with the Crime Deterrent. That stupid one still makes me giggle.

I'm kind of nonplussed about the game. Neither team played their best game, but I really hate the fact that the refs got involved with some stupid, stupid calls. The Big Ben touchdown (which I actually believe the ball hit the goalline by the slimmest of margins,) and the holding call when Seattle was on the 1. Damn.

Premium Member
    Really disappointing how the refs took the Seahawks out of the game right from the get-go, crucial questionable calls at key moments. Glad I didn't pay $2,000 a ticket to see the game live. Of all the teams to beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, cannot complain about it being the Steelers, though.

The Magic Fridge commercial was definitely the real highlight.

The National Anthem was just so so, I would have prefered just Aretha and the choir. Loved the pregame show with Stevie and crowd.

The Stones were pretty good, could have done without the newer song in the middle and had them play Jumping Jack Flash or something like that.

Loved the Fex Ex commercial, Loved the streaker commerical and the Baby horse commercial for Budwiser. Thought the diet Pepsi ones were pretty stupid. Liked the Go daddy one about working with Jackasses. Hated the Cadillic Escaliade (spelt wrong) one with the fashion show.

Also love Puppy Bowl with Kitty Half time on Animal planet.

Oh yeah, and the game was ok too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

loved the Clydesdales, cant remember the Fed Ex one. Diet pepsi ones were stupid. Thought the Seahawks played a good game and got hammered on crucial mistakes. Really wanted them to win.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

As a Seahawks fan, I have to say congrats to the Steelers for making the crucial plays that won the game. On the other hand, I want to kick the NFL for awarding that dufus the honor of being referee of the Superbowl for the first time. For those of you who root for other teams, may he never referee a Superbowl in which your team plays. I don't think Big Ben got the ball over the goal line but that admittedly was damn close. The linesman didn't seem to think he did either until after he got closer and Ben had moved the ball forward into the end zone. Frankly, I don't think that call mattered as the odds are that they would have gone for it on fourth down and scored. The other controversial calls were just awful though. If that Darrell Jackson play in the first quarter was offensive pass interference so are 90 percent of the pass plays that are called touchdowns. There was contact by both players. The ABC halftime commentators said as much ( Sean Salisbury's after game ESPN league apologies are barf inducing). Then there was the Phantom Locklear holding call and calling a tackle by Hasselbeck after that crucial interception a block below the knees. That's just embarassing for the NFL. There were more calls that through my Hawks' colored glasses I thought were horrible, but I'll spare you. In the end the Seahawks lost the game, but I just wish there was no reason to talk about the officiating.
    Last edited by Mariner; 02-06-2006 at 06:34 AM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Every year there will be someone complaining about how the officiating went against their team. This year, Mariner, you would be justified in doing so. It was that BAD.

I vehemently disagree with shifty & blubbermouth saying Seattle should have kicked the field goal right away.

Seattle had to get the TD first so that if they failed at the 2 point conversion they would have still had a chance to win with another TD. Also, after an onside kick recovery, I'd rather have to go 20 yards to set up the FG, even though it does balance out time-wise.

Bottom line was that Seattle made foolish, time wasting play calls on the final drive.

I had forgotten to mention the offensive pass interference call.... awful. And the Hasselbeck blocking too low penalty.

But.... I also disagreed with the reversal of the Hasselbeck fumble due to "down by contact" when Foote's contact was miscellaneous and irrelevant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast