+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2005

FORT Fogey
    Well, the Patriots kicked butt and won, 28 to 3.

Here's the summary: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/nfl/5918490/detail.html

And the Redskins beat Tampa 17-10!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    It's January 14th at 7:00 p.m., and the fourth quarter of the playoff game between Seattle and Washington is only two minutes old.

The score's Seattle - 17 to Washington - 3, and with only 13 minutes of the game left to play, it looks as though the Redskins are going to win it.

I'm killing time until the Patriots beat the Broncos, which will begin in about an hour. . . .

Skins lost, there is no justice in the world
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Indianapolis vs Pittsburgh
    Couple of BAAAADDD calls.
    Steelers win-21-18
    (Colts kicker missed field goal with 21 seconds left.)
    Next up- Steelers at Denver. Get ready Pom!!

FORT Fogey

Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Indianapolis vs Pittsburgh
    Couple of BAAAADDD calls.
    Steelers win-21-18
    (Colts kicker missed field goal with 21 seconds left.)
    Next up- Steelers at Denver. Get ready Pom!!
    Last night the Patriots lost to Denver, and that was okay with me 'cause they are both my favorite teams, for sentimental reasons.

The down side of the Patriots losing is that there definitely won't be a victory parade passing right past my window, and that's a shame 'cause I've enjoyed those parades down my street in Boston. It's been a ton of fun to hang out the window, only three floors above the massive crowds, and take part in all that madness -- all within mere feet of a comfy, private bathroom, a kitchen, fresh coffee, sodas, etc., etc.

The good side of the Patriots losing is that the news coverage of all that football will stop.

Now I turn my attention to my Broncos, and I'll be rooting for them, big-time.

I had a blast watching them win their two Super Bowls, and taking part in all that fun in the heart of Denver.

I'll be cheering 'em on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I've enjoyed those parades down my street in Boston.

I had a blast watching them win their two Super Bowls, and taking part in all that fun in the heart of Denver.

Quick!! Pom, move back to Denver! Apparently, you are the key to which city wins the Super Bowl.

I am with you, GO BRONCOS!

On a sad note, the Bears lost today. Where was their defense?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Quick!! Pom, move back to Denver! Apparently, you are the key to which city wins the Super Bowl.

I am with you, GO BRONCOS!
    Hah!!! I've had a bunch of people tell me this, in both cities. So far that's been the pattern!

I'm cheering on my Broncos, big-time, hoping that they can get it done without me right there, holding their little hands!!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, what the heck was that that Washigton doesn't try two plays with 40 seconds to go? i had good money on them and who ever decided to only give them 9.5 knew what he was talking about....damn lazy over priced jerks.....lost with the colts too. so much for getting the truck fixed for $5 an 8 teamer was going to get me over a grand....damn my luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast