+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PGA: Buick Invitational (Feb. 13-16)

well didn't take him long to get back at the top of his game again, leading after 3 rounds as usual
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

It's good to see Tiger playing so well again, finally. I read that average viewership is up 113% on televised golf where Tiger is "in the hunt". That's amazing.

He played 27 holes on Friday, and said that he had no swelling or pain in his knee Saturday morning. So that's a great thing.

He just hit the the most amazing shots I have ever seen on a golf course on the 15th hole.

I had played Torrey Pines quite a bit when I lived in San Diego in the 80's, and after Tiger hit a poor drive into the next fairway and was blocked by trees a long way from the hole, I figured he would punch through like everyone does in that situation.

Instead he launched a towering shot over trees to the heart of the green. Even the announcers were speechless.

He drills the birdie putt... game over people.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Tiger wins his first of the season, by 4 strokes.

Almost as amazing as the 2 shots on 15 was the third shot on 18. First shot off the tee goes right, bounces off someone's back and lands on the cart path. Second shot, stays right, in nasty stuff. Long 3rd shot over water, Tiger decides to go for it (rather than the safe 6). Drills it just over the water, to the delight of the gallery. Nice par to finish up the round.

Oh, and Els has just won his fourth tourney of the season, too.

Yeah, he was having fun out there. I was extremely impressed.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

good to hear that he did well coming back from the knee. As much as he dominates the game, Golf still needs him. Gives everyone something to shoot for, beating the Tiger.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12