+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

Westminster Dog Show

Tonight is the first night for the show. David Frei is back but Joe Garagiola isn't, Mark McKewan(sp) is taking his place.
    Tonight is the first four groups, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting. Tommorow night is the last three groups , Sporting, Hound, Herding and Best in Show. The show replays the next day for those of you that can't see it tonight. David Frei's early picks for Best in Show are the Kerry Blue Terrier, Pekinese, German Shepard, and Brittany.

The following photos are from the Westminster Site.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 02-11-2003 at 01:03 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Working group Results

In the working group, the winner was the Newfoundland, who was obviously a crowd favorite cause he got the biggest round of applause when he was going up and down the carpet. Second was the Giant Snnauzer, Third was the Boxer, and Fourth was the Saint Bernard, another fine crowd favorite. So the first entry into Best of Show is the Newfoundland.
    Ch Darbydale's All Rise Pouchcove. WP 92125505. Date of Birth:23-APR-99. Breeder:Carol Bergmann. Sire:Ch Midnight Lady's Especially For You. Dam:Ch Darbydale's Shake M Up. Breed:Newfoundlands. Sex: Dog. Owner: Peggy Helming & Carol Bernard Bergmann.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 12-04-2005 at 07:20 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Terrier Group results

David Frei had it right, the Kerry Blue Terrier won the Terrier Group. He has won Best in show in the major show in England and the AKC invitational in Orlando so a Best in Show win here would be a triple crown win and a first in the dog show history. Second was the Airdale, Third was the Smooth Coat Fox Terrier, Fourth was the Wire Coat Fox Terrier.
    The Kerry Blue is the second of seven competitors for the Best in Show.
    Ch Torums Scarf Michael. RM 31657101. Date of Birth:29-MAY-96. Breeder:Ron Ramsay. Sire:Ch Arranshire Pioneer. Dam:Ch Dasumnaco Quieter. Breed:Kerry Blue Terriers. Sex: Dog. Owner:Marilu Hansen.

Toy Group results.

David was right again, the Pekingese won the Toy Group and is the third entry into the Best in Show Group. This dog has won more best in show's than any other Toy with 58 wins to his credit. Second was the Shih Tzu, Third was the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Fourth was the Italian Greyhound(which I kinda liked too)
    Here is the Pekingese
    Ch Yakee Leaving Me BreathlessAtFranshaw. TP 27801001. Date of Birth:07-APR-00. Breeder:A Easton & P Martin. Sire:Yakee Lasting Impressions. Dam:Yakee Jezebel. Breedekingese. Sex: Dog. Owner:John Shaw & Maria Francis.

Non-Sporting Group Results

Ok David Frei said that the Standard Poodle was a very strong bet to win and it did. This dog was the number one Dog last year in the Non-Sporting Group in the USA. Second place was the Bichons Frises, Third was the Lhasa Apsos, Fourth was the Schipperkeys( another neat dog)
    So the Standard Poodle makes it to the final round again, one won Best in Show last year.
    Ch Ale Kai Mikimoto On Fifth. PP 53307701. Date of Birth:30-SEP-97. Breeder:Karen LeFrak & Wendell J Sammet. Sire:Ch Lake Coves That's My Boy. Dam:Ch Ale Kai Diamonds And Pearls. Breedoodles (Standard). Sex: Dog. Owner:Karen LeFrak & Wendell J Sammet-Alekai.

Thanks Ili for posting the pictures of the winners. I only got to see the Non-Sporting group where the standard poodle won. Pretty dog, but I just can't see myself owning a high-maintenance dog.

The Newfoundland was a great choice, although I wished a Siberian Husky had won.

FORT Fogey
    Well, none of the ones I liked won except the newfoundland. Shows what I know.. I would have picked the pom it was so sweet looked good and seemed to really want to win!

Anyway,, of these current ones I like the Newf! That pekenese looks like something the cat hacked up!

The Peke looks like you could add a wooden handle and sweep your floors with it. My aunt used to raise Pekes and they were beautiful. That one just looks funny to me. What do I know?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I like the Kerry Blue Terrier. I remember seeing him win at Crufts (the show in England) on TV. He is a beautiful dog.
    Last edited by lobeck; 02-12-2003 at 12:23 PM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That Newf is beautiful!I love those dogs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast