+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

I got to watch the Herding Group competition, and I agree with the German Shepherd winning first in that competition. He was absolutley gourgeous and his stance and gait was awesome.
    I do have to say that I love medium to large dogs, and the Sporting group, Herding Group, and Working Dog groups are my favorites.

The Rough Collie and the sheltie were very pretty. I never knew there was a Smooth Collie before tonight. My other favorite dogs in the Herding group was the Belgian Terv and the Pembrooke Corgi.

The best of show lineup was unbelievable. All the dogs were spectacular. I knew the Blue Kerry Terrier would win Best of Show when it showed it's natural stance. It was just beautiful. The Iziban, the Newfoundland, the Blue Kerry Terrier, and the German Shepherd were my favorites to win. Really, I would've been happy with any of the other dogs winning. Well, maybe not the Pekingese. It looked like a messed up mop, but it did look so cute waddling around.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by firegirl
    I KNOW,, that blew me away! I thought that dog was beautiful! I was surprised it wasn't in the top ones either!

Hey what do those handlers have in their mouths that they keep taking out and giving the dogs?? is it the treats?? yuck!
    this is why I say it's political too, I just can't believe that the blue kerry won on merit alone. I have a suspension that she gave it to him so he could win the triple crown.

Firegirl, it's treats, liver, chicken or some other snack that the dog likes, one of them one year had broccoli, the dog just loved it!

One of the handlers this year used Altoids for bait for his dog.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey
    But why do they keep the treats in their mouth?? Why not their pocket etc?? That is gross!

some do keep them in their pockets... it s just the way to get the mutts attention. If the dog thinks you are eating something he is going to be alert waiting for food to drop.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Originally posted by firegirl
    But why do they keep the treats in their mouth?? Why not their pocket etc?? That is gross!

Is it the fact that they have it in their mouth and then give it to the dog that bothers you?

remember these are animals that think they have found chewey treats in the cat litter box...yum, yum

The dog won't care where the treat came from, but why would a person put a dog biscuit or liver treat in their mouth. That's gross.

While the judge is inspecting the dog, I know that the handlers throw treats away so the dog will have that alert look, but it just looks funky when they do that. I'm impressed that the dogs won't try to run after that treat. My dog would be running over people to get to the treats.

FORT Fogey
    Its that they have the dog treat in their mouth that bothers me.. ewwwww

If I could I would have a Bernese Moutain Dog, clumber spanial and a PBGV.

and you? what would you get if you could?

I would go with the Belgian Sheepdog, Bernese mountain dog, Harrier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast