+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

I am not a real big fan of large dogs/small horses but I also liked the Newf a lot. Will have to see who makes the last three slots tonight before I pick a dog to root for in the Best of Show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fanatic
    The announcer just called the Kerry Blue "a stallion of a dog."

SECOND NIGHT Sporting results.

First of all, Did you see that Golden Retriever?!?!?! Man was that a beautiful dog, but then again, I think the sporting group has the most dogs that just look great.
    Anyways David called it again and the Brittany won the Sporting Group with English Setter coming in second, the German Short Haired Pointer third, and the Labrador Retriever fourth. We now have five dogs for the Best in Show tonight with two more to go.

Ch Magic Sir-ly You Jest JH. SN 25554101. Date of Birth:28-MAY-95. Breeder:Nichole M Otterson. Sire:Ch Sterling Oaks Sir Bentley. Dam:Ch Jordean Millette Magic Maker. Breed: Brittanys. Sex: Dog. Owner: C Douglas & N Otterson & J Bates & B Callier.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 12-04-2005 at 08:20 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Hound Group results

Well we have a first!!! The Ibizan took the prize for the Hound Group for the first time in the history of the Westminster. The PBGV took second, the wirehaired Dachshund third, and the Afghan took fourth place. One more dog to go and we have Best in Show to decide for this year.
    Ch Luxor's Playmate Of The Year. HM 82762201. Date of Birth:05-MAY-99. Breeder:Leslie D Lucas & Glen E Brand. Sire:Ch Serqet Castlemaghn Legend. Dam:Ch Luxors Shout To The Top. Breed:Ibizan Hounds. Sex:Bitch. Owner:Wendy Anderson & Glen E Brand & L Lucas & H Goldberg.

Herding Results

Ok, no surprise, Dallas the German Shepard won the Herding Group. This dog should win Best in Show since he is the #1 dog in the US and he looks damn fine tonight. Second went to the Belgian Malinois, Third was the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, fourth was the Rough Collie. Now for the Best in Show competition.

Ch Kismets Sight For Sore Eyes. DL 64767204. Date of Birth:02-JUN-96. Breeder:Mary Ellen Kish & Robert Kish. Sire:Ch Welove Duchien's R-Man. Dam:Kismet's Sweetheart Deal. Breed:German Shepherd Dogs. Sexog. Owner:B & D Wood & J & N Bennett & A Howells & M Kish.

Best in Show

The Kerry Blue Terrier won Best in Show. This dog won the Krupps show in England three years ago, the AKC Invitational in Orlando two months ago, and now the Westminster. The first dog to do the dog world Triple Crown. The Kerry beat out the German Shepard who is rated the number one dog in the US, though there will be grumbling in the dog world since the judge for the Best in Show passed on the German Shepard before. The Ibizan made it to the final round, the first time that dog has gotten a slot for the finals.

FORT Fogey
    Dang!!!!! I still loved the Newf - Josh and Dallas the German S.

Oh well! I thought that golden in the other group was amazing too! What a pretty dog!

The collie and the sheltie were both good in the herding group.

Hmm but the newf was my fav for best of the group!

I don't like the peke! hack hack cough oh look a hair ball!

Who was 2nd and 3??

you don't know who was second and third in the finals. I just don't like the Terrier group at all. I was rooting for the newf and the Ibizan. I still can't believe they said the Golden has never won the Best in Show.

FORT Fogey
    I KNOW,, that blew me away! I thought that dog was beautiful! I was surprised it wasn't in the top ones either!

Hey what do those handlers have in their mouths that they keep taking out and giving the dogs?? is it the treats?? yuck!

What a great final line up!!!

Firegirl - here in North America there is no 2 - 4 place for Best in Show. I think in Europe and Australia they do a Reserve Best in Show.

If you think that golden is lovely (and he most certainly is) check out this site and click on "Yogi" - that is the dog I wanted to win the breed. The group judge for tonight has given Yogi best of breed at the national specialty in 2001. The site is http://www.mirasol.org

I have no affiliation with these breeders - just love their dogs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast